What hardware do you use to mix/record your tracks?

If you’re like me and have record anxiety, then I’d recommend just using overbridge, honestly.

I have a crippling fear of messing up when I make my tracks, or in hindsight, realizing something that could make the tracks better(or a certain level being too loud, or a sound thats off, or a…etc etc)

Recording is something, but that audio is probably going to pass through a computer at some point. Save some money, cut the middleman, and make the track upload process more convenient.

If you, instead, get a daw controller(the native instruments M32 for example) you can start recording without looking at your monitor.

Spend a little bit of time setting up a template and the only time you need to use the computer is to clean up/tweak the track to your desire. It can be as deep or as shallow as you need it to be.

Just a thought

3 Likes

On the DT I’d suggest to curve your sound first with the base filter , to remove low frequencies when needed, you should then be able to get a clear sound, whatever your use next to master it.

1 Like

Yes its a recorder.
I mix before i hit record. Then i run the recording through my analogue heat for some saturation and eq. I might add a tiny bit of mix compression and limiting using the computer.

Very simple.

1 Like

A good tape deck is all you need, I use a vintage Nakamichi with chrome tape and it sounds better than any DAW. Lately I’ve been using my laptop just to place my beer glass on it

1 Like