What is a Mk1 MD worth?

Hi guys,

Im thinking of selling my MD Mk1 (without UW) in order to generate some funds for a MD with a UW drive.

So, this MD is 10 years old and a few of its encoders are a little unreliable and could probably do with having a few of them replaced. Everything else works fine, cosmetically its in good condition and of course its still a great sounding synth.

Anyway, i was wondering what you guys thought it might be worth, i haven’t seen any like this for sale recently so dont know what to expect.

Cheers,
Toma

I paid £500 for MD Mk1 UW but without +drive. I’m not sure if it was a good price or not, as haven’t seen many for sale. I imagine yours might go for a bit less, maybe £400?

As a reference point, an mki monomachine can go for anywhere from $500USD to $600USD,but much more.

400-500 is the region because of the lack of the us
mk1 UW is 700-800
I suggest selling at a time when their Is a lack of supply on eBay and buy when theres an over supply

Cool thanks for the advice guys!

Given that a few of the encoders are unreliable and so need to be replaced i guess asking somewhere about £350-400 might not be unreasonable then.

Cheers
T

I found a md mkI non uw in Berlin for 450 Euro, sold it for 550 euro few weeks later

Maybe you should get it fixed and then sell it for a bit more money? If the item your selling is broken, you will have very little leverage for bargaining.

There are just too many used units out there that won’t require repair costs and time. Of course, there are some machine hackers out there that will be able to make the repairs themselves, but it may take a while to find one of those guys.

Might be worth looking into repair costs so you can either get it done, or so you can tell whoever you sell the unit to how much it’s going to cost them.