What Pelican case or alternative for OT, DT, DN, AH and A4 Mk2?

As the title says it.
I am looking for a case (Pelican comes ro my mind) for the following gear to be transported:
OT Mk2
A4 Mk2
DT
DN
Analog Heat Mk2
Torso T-1
FMR RNC
Cables and AC adaptors
All devices have a deck saver.
Any advice, hint or ideas most welcome.

Is it just transport or do you need it to be a portable setup, all hooked up and ready to play?

1 Like

If you want it all set up, look at a large pedalboard flight case.

2 Likes

I just need it for transport, no need to be setup ready.

Transport in a vehicle or on an airplane where someone else might be handling the cases?

Edit: i guess travel arrangements dont matter too much. You can probably fit the dn, dt, heat and rnc in the pelican air 1510 case. The ot, a4 will probs fit in a 1560. As for the torso and the cables not exactly sure. Best thing to do would to measure all ur stuff with deck savers on and then go through the arduous task of looking at each of the cases internal sizes.

https://www.buycasesforless.com/t-pelican-case-sizes.aspx

1 Like

I have a pair of Pelican 1500s 1550s that I bought for MnM + MD + OT + 2 big eventides and a small mixer. More expensive than the other brands, but the Pelican latches are much easier to operate.

I’ve also shipped a vast number of smaller Pelicans containing hard drives with zero problems.

My boat partner bought the Harbor Freight Pelican clone for our sailing toolchest. I’ll buy a real Pelican case for tools for my next boat. :innocent:

1 Like

Thanks for the details. Will have a look at those models.

Be sure to check the inside dimensions and remember that you want foam padding in all three dimensions.

1 Like

There is much to be said for the flexibility of 2 small cases Vs. a single large one. A big one for the 1510 is that it can go as carry-on luggage on a flight.

If you want to have a single case for everything you should be looking at the 1650. She’s a big girl, but for proper padding, convenience and the chance to add an item in the future without replacing your case, better go a little over than a little under. Also, a pelican should really last you pretty much forever. They also retain decent re-sale value.

2 Likes

Correction, they are 1550s, not 1500s.

Lower: Big Elektron
Upper: small mixer

Upper / lower: recut for my SF -> Chicago move

Also, for their US Wonky tour, Orbital transported their gear in pelican cases.

1 Like

Analog Cases make lovely hard cases. I’m happy with mine for DT and AH that I want one for my Virus, Octatrack and Hapax.

1 Like

If you’re in the US the Harbor Freight fake Pelican cases are a pretty crazy value if they have the sizes you’re looking for.

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=Apache

3 Likes

If you hate your fingers, by all means get the Harbor Freight Apache case. It is difficult to tell in my photos, but the Pelican latches are made of two pieces of plastic, giving more leverage and making it much easier to latch / unlatch. For shipping, I put zip-ties through the padlock eyes.

The only thing I’ve ever bought from Harbor Freight that I didn’t regret was jack stands for my boat trailer. Everything else was made of low quality material and mainly useful as a stop-gap when I needed something that day that the local Ace or Home Depot / Lowes didn’t carry.

Comparison:

The comparable Pelican is about 3x the cost of the Apache, but if I’m carrying $1500 worth of gear, I prefer the nicer Pelican. YMMV, I’m usually a bargain hunter but I really like Pelican.

2 Likes

I will have a look. Thank you.
@mas_akala and @obscurerobot I am not in the US so Harbor Freight is out for me.

I thought about 2 cases indeed instead.