What’s next for Ess / Fors?

Gorgeous! Would you mind sharing some settings to get close?

1 Like

i don’t remember tbh. i’m only using the demo so have no way to save. i just recorded a big chunk of it to chop up for later use.

I really like Superberry and as I said before, I had to buy it to collect all Ess’s synths (hehe many ‘s’).
I like it so much that I made on my iPad a clone of its sequencer. If you own an iPad and the Mozaic app (an awesome MIDI scripting app), you can get it here : https://patchstorage.com/superroulette/
@Ess I hope you don’t mind

1 Like

I don’t mind!

Oh, that’s cute. But it’s missing the transpose sections, or? That’s the (imo) best part of Roulette! :smiley:

2 Likes

Damn, you are right! -_-’ I completely forgot. I’ve got only half of the thing here…

Ok this time, it should be true to the original :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes! Very nice :slight_smile:
I haven’t tried Mozaic out too much (only had an ipad for a little while) … But looks really cool, well done with the clone.

But … Version 1.10 is around the corner. :wink:

5 Likes

Always one step ahead :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve really enjoyed playing around with this, it’s very easy to get lost in the sound.

I have a quick question - is it possible to map a midi controller to the parameters in standalone mode?

Glad to hear that! It’s on my list of features to add, so hopefully next update.

As some of you might have noticed we released the 1.10 update yesterday which expands the sonic capabilites quite a lot, and introduces some really cool probability features in the sequencer. Basically you can just type % before anything and it will randomize that step.

We made a video that goes through the features of the Max for Live device, but all of it holds for the standalone as well.

Really having a blast working on this, and I’m so excited for what we’re putting out next. Definitely something for fans of a certain Swedish brand… :––)

24 Likes

Man this is great. I got really into LS last year and built my own JP8080 synth in Nord Modular and control it with a Max patch whose sequencer is very much like this Roulette thing, yours is 10x more elegant though! I’m inspired to have another go at my patch now, it’s great to see someone else thinking along the same lines!

In my research I came across a document which very specifically analyzed the detuned values of the oscillators in the JP8080, I wonder if you found the same one.

1 Like

Are they in the M4L version too? I saw the video earlier and can feel my hand being drawn to the buy-now button…

Exciting demo, the synth sounds great. lol @ that tease.

Yep! The video says they have the exact same functionality. A Bitwig version would be amazing, @Ess :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I based it (loosely) on this paper by Adam Szabo. This one is interesting too.

Oh definitely, they have the same features, the Max for Live devices even some extra ones to make it play well inside of a DAW.

6 Likes

Yes! It was the Adam Szabo one, very informative. The other paper is new to me, I’ll have to check it out.

I was looking up swedish brands and was like “Essity? that sounds kind of like Ess”

Then I realized you were probably referring to Elektron. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a little ashamed I have to ask this but, how do I update the standalone version to 1.10?

1 Like

:wink:

7 Likes

The email I received said:

You should be able to find the updated files via your original purchase link, or via your Gumroad account. If you have any issues updating, please contact us via hi@fors.fm

3 Likes