What’s next for Ess / Fors?

Same. I wish they’d run standalone, even without a DAW. But still, congrats on another top release

5 Likes

I want this… but in hardware. And a unicorn.

8 Likes

I try to never curse on this board sooo… FORS YEAH!!!

Edit: Each synth/sample/sampleR engine has its own separate m4L device included. I am ded. Just amazing. Thank you, @ess!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

9 Likes

I wonder if there’s a world where these could be ported to the Bitwig Grid? 🥲 I’d probably buy everything they make!

2 Likes

:heart:

WHAT?!?!?

This just transformed Live into a brand new, multi-instance new Elektron mutant beast. WHAT? £60? BUY BUY BUY

3 Likes

i can’t believe this

it sounds soooo good and LOOKS fantastic
the sequencer UI took me back to sqein days and i’m really excited to make music with Opal!

1 Like

insta-buy

so much fun to use and sounds beautiful

nice one @Ess !!!

Buy Ableton & a Push 2 and get a unicorn for free! The push will give you as much hardware integration as possible with these M4L plugins.

3 Likes

This will be the first M4L device I’ll pay full price for, lol! Fors yeah!!!

Now that I got a more capable machine for running Live 11 and M4L, I don’t mind spending more time ITB

1 Like

also it hit me like a ton of bricks as the video came to a close

fors should make merch cause i’d rather wear this on a shirt or cap than most other nerd gear i’ve seen

@Ess congrats on releasing the project & thank you such great synth design and documentation for this thing!

5 Likes

Shut up and take my money!

I would have paid £250 quid for this haha

1 Like

This looks amazing. Is it integrated with Push?

Wow, thanks for all the kind words! Absolutely elated to finally have this out in the wild. Super excited to hear what everyone makes with it! Especially this community should feel right at home :wink:

I love the Bitwig Grid! But it’s not quite possible to make these kind of lower level DSP algorithms in it. Not to mention the UI… :smiley:

Always a pleasure!!

If there is enough interest for a standalone app version I could see that happening. The structure lends itself quite well to it, and the pattern data is shareable as well so could be a fun thing. First a small break from Max though, heh.

Hah! I actually felt the same way when making this end screen. I feel like it would look really nice on a t-shirt. For some reason it makes me think of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Thank you!!

24 Likes

The standalone instruments (i.e each synth engine) is mapped to the Push screen, but the larger Opal device is unfortunately way too complex to integrate in Push (as in: not possible at all)

3 Likes

I’m registering my interest right now. I had the first few Fors plugins but then moved over to Bitwig. As a standalone app, you would have my financial support for sure. Let’s see how many others are in!

11 Likes

Perfect!

+1 :pray:t4:

1 Like

unless I missed or didn’t understand your comment.