What’s next for Ess / Fors?

QUE?! :flushed:

3 Likes

From Fors’s Instragram reel for the Glänta release:

Fors on Instagram: "While working on new technology for our next big thing, we couldn't help ourselves from accidentally making an FM synth. We hope this will keep you occupied while we put the finishing touches on what's coming next 🚀 Glänta is a synthesizer with a simple structure that puts focus on the fundamentals of FM synthesis with a carefully crafted 2-operator core. All the sounds in this video are made exclusively with Glänta using no effects. From years of expertise and obsession with FM synthesis, Glänta extends established concepts with unique twists that are powerful yet easy to use. Get it at Fors.fm"

4 Likes

The Big One
But Glänta is already quite pretty…

1 Like

Just bought this too. Sounds very lovely and a great choice of features.
Only thing I’m missing is mono mode and maybe some kind of vibrato, though I understand the minimal concept.

2 Likes

Thank you for putting that here!

1 Like

When knowledge meets perfectly UI/UX, this. :+1:

5 Likes

Now it’s 10 times better when I got the Push 2, really amazing synth!

Oh nice with a new one, Great! And great to hear that it’s something big on the way!

2 Likes

Imagine @Ess’ Fors devices in the OP-1.

6 Likes

Just made an Electronic Piano preset with Chiral with super long space setting and improvised with it.

Sometimes some notes get silenced after the initial attack. It can clearly be heard on this recording on one note. Someone else that experienced this?

7 Likes

Just bought Glänta. It’s great. So simple, but already lots of really nice sounds.

2 Likes

Does someone know if all of the fors max for live plugins are mapped to push 2 like Chiral are?

If I remember correctly the Kit devices aren’t, but it’s really easy to edit them in Max so they’re mapped properly. Just hit edit on the device to open in Max and drop a live.banks object anywhere (live.banks Reference - Max 8 Documentation). Double click on that and it’ll open a window where you can set which parameters are displayed on Push. After that save the device and you’ll have it mapped forever.

7 Likes

Thanks, sounds great! I will give it a try!

Took me a little while to get around to responding here but, as always, thank you so much for all the kind words and great feedback. It’s so great and important to hear, really keeps me motivated!

I think there is room in Glänta for a couple of updates. Thinking about adding some modulation fold-out view, that could make a lot of sense.

Seems to be the voice stealing. Perhaps the algorithm could be tweaked a bit.

I would love that. :slight_smile:

:cowboy_hat_face:

14 Likes

Oh wow this looks amazing: https://opal.fors.fm/

Drum synth/sequencer. Finally! Can’t wait to check it out

16 Likes

Just listened to the sound demos, this is really brilliant.

2 Likes

Big release! Sounds dope! :heart_eyes:

Instant buy!

1 Like

Nice one!

Dang…for a moment I forgot they focus on M4L devices…:disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes