What setup would you make if you only had 1000€?

Minimal Setup:

Synthstrom audible Deluge 899 US$

1 Like

I’ll assume the same
Used -of course
Cheap acoustic- let’s say $120
Cheap electric jazz bass - $200
Total- $320
Bell Kit- $70
Total- $390
Cheap microphone- $50
Total $450
Melodica- $50
$500
Used analog 4 mk1 $450(for fx and as an interface, plus hey synthesis)
$950
Behringer Xenyx802- $40
$990
Cables and stuff for the rest

If I can’t reset age, then going by AdamJays calculation

Analog 4- $450
OT mk1- $650

2 Likes

Wo! An A4 mk1 for $450? Where did you see that? Lowest I have seen is just under $700.

2 Likes

I got mine off eBay for about that much :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Isotonik studio’s editor is for free with a lot of functionality already. Get hooked on that spend the 25£ later for the pro version. Et voila!

1 Like

Ryan, a drum kit & melodica, sounds very ‘Charles Hayward’. :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

I live in an apartment :frowning:

Edit: but younger me and younger you could start a band!

Don’t forget to include a recording Device in the calculation. Loving to work only within one box and loving fm. So I would go for a Digitone for 700 Euro… And a little tascam dp multitracker for around 200. Still hundred Euro left. But wait: we need also speakers and an amplifier. Getting all this new gear within a 1.000 Euro Budget would be difficult.

1 Like

I do not have it but I think AR + some free vst :wink: + beyerdynamic dT880 pro
or maybe only ableton + mixpre6 sounddevice to record samples + em 172 microphone to sample ambiances

used A4 + Beyer dt770 + decksaver

1 Like

Maschine MK3 - you get great hardware like workflow, MIDI controller, great software package (Komplete Select), build in sound card.
Add to this Ableton Live Intro / Lite or any cheap DAW and you are set. You will save a lot and if you still want some cool VST’s, get ones with NKS support.

really, the answer here is to save a little extra cash so you can get an Octatrack. without one, what’s the point?

3 Likes

A Digitakt or MPC1000… a Zoom recorder, a Gameboy & arduinoboy…
that’ll probably do, I can always (re)sample chords, or steal them from youtube and then I’ve got like £200 left to maybe build some other stuff or get an old drum machine and circuit bend it.

or like, a not amazing laptop and ableton and the Zoom.

either way.

tbh, a cassette four track, a crappy second hand casio, a zoom and £800 worth of craft beer also sounds like an album waiting to happen right?

1 Like

Digitakt €635
Nanoloop standalone €97
The rest on a basic recorder, headphones, cables… cool thought experiment. I’d usually go the OT but DT would have to do.

1 Like

Knowing now how flexible my Digitakt is, I’d say the list below would be a good way to start.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get anything to record with. when you’re just starting out, everything you write is crap anyway. don’t record it for a couple years or so.

it’s quite useful to be able to listen back to your terrible demos to be able to improve them though.

also, sampler + recorder means you can make drums by hitting stuff, or hi hats our of the kettle boiling, or pads out of your voice and so on and so on.

1 Like

Na, it’s kinda funny to post your crap on platform to get some advice.

I record crap so I can listen to it as learning process.
More important… I use a recorder for outdoor sounds I can mangle in the Digitakt.