What would your perfect Elektron box look like if building cost wouldn‘t matter?

It will have the lfo designer from OT and I can set the length

1 Like

I dream of a monomachine-esque digital synth in the shape of the OT - 8 tracks, lots of machines, crossfader, FX per track

2 Likes

Digitone in an OT case with
slide trigs
OT arp
3 lfos per track
Pitch envelopes
Ability to record mod wheel, and aftertouch into the sequencer (duh elektron)
Modulatable FX parameters a la Octatrack.

Oh, and fix the legato behaviour on every machine please. Ugh!

4 Likes

4 analog tracks
4 fm tracks
4 stereo sample tracks with 1gb Ram
4 digital track with lots of ‘machines’
2 fx tracks inc analog distortion and 2 different reverb and delays
4 stereo outputs
Ability to set probability of parameter locks.
Octatrack anniversary edition all black.

1 Like

Digitone with 8 voices, A4’s analog filters, A4’s effects and ST’s analog fx drive :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Couldn’t you already kind of do that? Your DN has 8 voices…route it through your A4, and that into your ST.

1 Like

But I need the drive for my ST itself :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, the Master Overdrive of the Digitone is pretty awesome and is also capable to distort everything to hell, but I like the ST’s analog drive more.

… comments about AH in 1, 2, 3 …

3 Likes

Doesn’t the ST let you drive the hell out of inputs too?

I’d love to hear a DN signal passed through the A4’s filter into the ST. If anyone can drive the hell out of that signal chain, it’s you.

1 Like

Yes, but I would need a second Syntakt :stuck_out_tongue: The whole marvel of the ST is that I can put specific tracks into the drive, instead of just all.

For this specific purpose, I’d need a Digitone Keys and a Syntakt.

But I mean, it’s okay. I have all this stuff, and I can make my sounds on all of them and 12+8+4 (ST, DT, A4) is almost too many voices :wink: I’m really satisfied with my setup. This thread is about fantasies I though :relieved:

If anyone can drive the hell out of that signal chain, it’s you.

Well, here’s what I just have on my Digitone, just <4 voices (the main motif, the thing that is be heard in the first second, snare and hihat), using its own Master Overdrive.

4 Likes

Not trying to add to the ‘Syntakt Should Have Sample Machines’ fire, but if the Syntakt had sample machines, if would literally be the most legit box of all time.

3 Likes

8 tracks from the Syntakt
4 Sample Tracks from the Digitakt
2 FM tracks from the Digitone
2 Analog Tracks from the Analog Four
32 Voices shared

16 Midi Tracks with 16 pages of CC Controls each. CC Controls able to be custom labeled.

6 addressible outputs (able to have each track sent to an output as mono or two outputs as stereo)

2 inputs, with input routing selectable to one of the tracks.

Independent Reverb, Chorus, Overdrive and Delay for each track

Digitakt/Digitone form factor

1 Like

Agreed. The one thing it is missing is being able to have that true drum machine feel you get from soemthing like the TR8S layering samples with synthesized drums

two boxes – downsized version of A4 & downsized version of AR.
Digi form factor would be perfect, but i’m not sure whether it’s possible physically.

1 Like

A stereo Digitakt would do for me.

2 Likes

My ideal Elektron box would be a lot like a Gotharman synth. It would be customizable and a greatest hits package of sorts while retaining some frustrating components*.

Let’s say you get 8 voices, four effects slots, two filter slots.

Voices:

You could choose for each voice to be an octatrack type voice, which could be flex, thru, etc… an analog four voice, an analog drum voice, or a digital voice, which would include Monomachine, digitone and Syntakt digital options.

Effects:

The usual stuff like chorus, delay, reverb but also maybe a digital multimode filter and some oscillator processing options, like a secondary oscillator you could fm or ring modulate the voice with.

Filters:

Maybe a few different analog options- an Ms-20 clone, a prophet clone, an LPG, how cool would that be.

There would be cv inputs and outputs. I don’t care, two, four, I’d probably never use them, but how cool to have the option! And a joystick. You could use it for any kind of modulation, including scenes.

*Elektron, hear me out. I know it seems like this product would put your other synths out of business, so there’s got to be a major catch, something like a subscription or pay-per-module or both… It could be too small or too big, give it a keyboard or not. I don’t care if there’s only 16 steps per sequence, I don’t care how many LFOs it has, I don’t care about any performance features or MIDI… Scale it back, limit it however you need to make it work for your current product line.

Just let me have the joystick, the Monomachine SID and Vocal machines, sample playback and some CV options I’ll never use.

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah a Polysynth a bit like the AK but with 8 analog voice and 8 track.
With capability like the OT.
So you can build up your track, record them on audio track and build up your song like this.
And with of course static track so if you want to play your song, it’s read directly from the compact flash.

So it’s a polysynth, and kind of a workstation at the same time :slight_smile:

And I would name it OT8A :relaxed:

1 Like

I think what the perfect box would be a digi-sized looper/sampler. With at least 16 sample slots, digital stereo effects, as well as an analog effect/distortion/filter block.
Pretty much smoosh the Octatrack and the Digitakt together and give it that analog effect block.
The current Elektron drum machines and synths are all good, but I feel like they’re samplers could use an upgrade - no shade on the Octatrack.

A box that gives me time to use the other boxes.

1 Like