Whats going on with Youtube?

Has nothing changed in 40 years? He’s basically every synth Youtuber of the last 5 years.

What i noticed today was that it don’t shows the dislike count any longer? Or is it just a settings thing that i don’t see?

Recently removed.

Also, how do I know if the YouTube DIY video I’m watching is actually a legit solution vs totally messing something up?

4 Likes

Now the one dislike I have on one of my beat videos is just for me.

5 Likes

Comments.

?
Comments are still a thing.

The lack of dislikes showing is a bummer as that was really useful for skipping crappy content. I use adblock plus (free) with firefox on my mac to avoid all of the ads.
I would never pay YT or Spotify anything.

2 Likes

Yeah they were indicative of something. But sometimes also just for something controversial, not something bad per se. It’s also dependable of the bubble you’re in. For my music it’s pretty easy but for politically orientated subjects dislikes don’t say as much.

By skipping ads that way you’re mostly making sure the creator of the video getting even less for their work :wink:

I don’t care. My videos and music are there for free too. I will not waste any of my time with ads.

3 Likes

If they got rid of the likes, dislikes and the ads, YouTube could be great again.

4 Likes

There’s also YouTube premium…

1 Like

I like the idea of Patreon more and am supporting a few content creators that way.

I don’t get it, what’s the point of allowing people to dislike something if no-one can see that they dislike it?

Just get rid of it altogether or let the trolls have their fun.

3 Likes

Exactly. I don’t think it’s to protect the creators feelings as much it is to hide the public opinion on certain issues. Politics.

4 Likes

I’m glad they got rid of dislikes. At least for music/art, I find the concept of dislikes inappropriate. I can understand people doesn’t like my music but when I don’t like a music video on YT, I just stop and watch something else, that’s all… I have never disliked a video so I don’t understand this mindset.

YT puts ads on my videos and as I don’t have 1000 subscribers, I can’t turn them off, that’s a bit annoying.

It is used to tune your recommended videos it seems but then why creators can see them is a mystery.

2 Likes

Nice. My comments were not meant as a personal critique towards you hehe. I get it though. Ads do suck

1 Like

Premium Lite is a cheaper plan to watch videos on the service without ads.

1 Like

I didn’t take it that way at all. My english it shite and I’m just waking up so if I came across as offended/offensive, sorry about that. Didn’t mean to.

1 Like

No they’re not used for that. I think that’s a misconception people have and why some people dislike videos.

If you don’t want to see more of a creator you can specifically choose to hide the content or “you don’t want to see this”.