Whats going on with Youtube?

Mmm. Get your cheesy loops and your greasy beats here.

This is the cardinal sin of edm right here

9 Likes

I’ve only watched about 10 masterclasses (should watch more) but his was the worst

1 Like

Thanks for the link share!
I was thinking about vimeo, but it never seems to work very well here, no idea why, but the videos never load entirely for me.

Had a quick browse around lbry, some really cool stuff! I might upload my next video there. Actually what I might do is load a tiny snippet to YouTube, then have a link to the full video on Lbry. Nuts to YouTube!

1 Like

it’s a bit like (probably nothing like) what happened to soundcloud: greed ruining a great thing.

I’m not even sure it was greed that ruined soundcloud but I’m saying it anyway.

power corrupts, and corrupt…powers? :thinking:

1 Like

I haven’t used Google for web searching in a long time now, I don’t miss it over DDG.

HexDSL has a video about leaving Google entirely, he’s very prominent on BitChute. I’ll be trying LBRY. There’s also invidio.us.

1 Like

The midi pack is unbelievable

1 Like

I don’t get it. I’ve always used adblock in Safari or Firefox and i don’t get a single ad. Of course it doesn’t work on mobile but this is the reason i don’t use my mobile devices to watch YT. Simple :wink:

1 Like

The Firefox app with Adblock Plus extension seems to be working well for YT on Android. Full-screen, high def etc. Be sure to block all ads in Adblock settings.

Is there a solution on iOS without hacking?

I’ll start supporting the few channels I really appreciate on low-level Patreon rather than throwing money at Google.

1 Like

If you go to YT in Safari rather than the YT app, iOS adblockers will handle it.

1 Like

Adguard (and lockdown app for more trackers and for example ads in meteoblue) + duck duck go in safari or as app( some rare ads there in videos but use it mostly, snappy and nice)
Thats for yt in the browser, dont know if it works for the app

1 Like

I use the Brave browser when viewing YouTube. It automatically prevents ads from playing, and I don’t have to bother with extensions. Only two other people mentioned it so far, I expected more people to be using it. I like it a lot.

4 Likes

Except the permanent ads to finally enter the crypto economy world,
Probably they are right, i should do it…
Also somehow firefox and ublock origin work less buggy for me( on computer, sadly not available for ios) and its easyer to turn off blocking when needed.
But brave is interesting anyway

Yeah the ad thing is…well you can easily opt out of it, and if you can’t be asked to opt out, you’ll at least get some (very minor) crypto compensation. I’m also trying to push the browser out because I got some BAT coin sitting in my coin base account.

Absolutely, easy to disable and to not show,
its just that brave as as whole reminds me that im a lazy and stupid person, because i found the crypto world always fascinating but never entered and i dont like to be remembered that im an idiot.
But yes, in private mode in ios i dont see anything of that and it has a nice reader view

1 Like

It’s all good. I was one click away in 2008 from purchasing the necessary means of mining that would have made me a multimillionaire a couple years ago. I feel the sentiment.

2 Likes

I remember brave being a bit clunky a few years back & some pages not working as intended. Maybe I should give it another go.

…oh…be aware of the fact that alphabet, google and utube’s mother so to say, is grabbing the whole world’s opinions on everything for good reasons while spotify is a swedish company that really tries to satisfy music lovers only and that’s about it…

and whothefuk is the midi pack guy…?

1 Like

spotify are c***s :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If you don’t know you’re lucky. Just take my word for it

3 Likes