What's next for Elektron?

Digital Four: Same as Analog Four mkII but with wavetable generator oscilator with wavefolding and fm.
Dream synth :star_struck:

7 Likes

Amplitude modulation?

1 Like

I want this synth but with 8 tracks.

3 Likes

4 Voices for 8 Tracks?

Of course!

A lot of Voice stealing then. Iā€™d prefer 8 Voices for 4 Tracks.

2 Likes

You are right, stealing is a sin :clown_face:

1 Like

Iā€™d like for Elektron to what Roland did with Studio Electronics

What would a collaboration between Mutable Instruments and Elektron look like?
Imagine a box like the Digitone but instead of FM Portion, It had MI Plaits as an oscillator?
Or in addition to filters, it had a resonator (MI Rings)?
Or for reverb, it had something like MI Clouds?
Package all those things with the Elektron sequencer, Overbridge, and you have a compelling product.

OR something a bit smaller scale, something like MI elements in the model package

Just a thought, With stuff like the Hydrasynth out there, I could see Elektron doing a hybrid synth, something multitimbral with analog filters.

2 Likes

Digitakt 1.10 - july 2018
Digitakt 1.11 - june 2019

Digitakt 1.12 - ???

Fingers crossed we get some exciting update for digitakt (see feature request thread) in next few months, but its impossible to tell.

2 Likes

Yes!

I want a massively polyphonic multitimbral synth that can load up user samples, scan wavetables, and do some interesting stuff I havenā€™t thought of.

I always want analog filters, but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s realistic with high voice counts (i.e. 64+) so possibly VA filters here, or something digitally ā€˜characterfulā€™ā€¦

Never gonna happen, but Iā€™d like to see elektrons take on an op-1 type of machine. There is still nothing out there that steps into the space the op-1 occupies, except maybe the op-z. Maybe the MC is as close as elektron will get to that when the battery handle will be released.

2 Likes

I wonder how the Coronavirus pandemic has affected Elektronā€™s R&D. Obviously Sweden took a ratherā€¦ unconventional approach to handling the situation, but I canā€™t help but think that at least some plans for future releases have been affected

I want to see clock pulse out through the midi ports of DT and DN. Dinsync as I understand it is many times faster than a normal clock pulse, but has the voltage range to drive eurorack ish. They should just lower the frequency of this output so you can use a midi to ts or ts+ts cable to sync the DT or DN to eurorack equipment.

It isnā€™t ā€œmanyā€ times faster. DIN24 uses 24 pulses per quarter note (exactly the same as MIDI). DIN48 is twice as fast.

1 Like

Oh, is that the same as a cv clock for eurorack? I thought the din pulse was faster than that?
Was thinking of using this to sync DT and dfam

1 Like

Hehe, sorry to disappoint but this is a personal project Iā€™ve been working on. Itā€™s a 4-voice binaural AM synth & sample player that I made with and for my partner (and meee!)

So far weā€™re doing good - business as usual. Not much has changed except for the frequency of video meetings. :slight_smile:
As for how this will affect future things, hard to say at this point.

29 Likes

Glad to hear it! Hope everyone is staying healthy :slight_smile:

Oh you tease.

1 Like

It depends. There are eurorack clocks providing 24 ppqn and 4 ppqn. So if you need 4 ppqn you need at least a clock divider (/6) to get what you want.

more informations about din sync

1 Like

Iā€™m sure itā€™s been mentioned a few times, but it would be nice to see an Analog Eight (both desktop and keyboard version).