What's next for Elektron?

I knows I knows :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ā€¦larger and with actual knobs.

ā€¦something like iPad Pro with a midi controller?

After having spent the morning with the OT running vintage documentaries off of youtube through it I hope itā€™ll be something as bold, genius and lunatic as the Octatrack.

1 Like

Of course not then it wouldnā€™t be real music gear :cheeky:

What do you think the next Digi instrument will be?

4 Likes

Iā€™d love a Digitrack, 8 track looper with the best regular loopers options, good fx, a super easy for recording. RC505 is still my reference. I may exchange my new RC202 with my former RC505.

I think Iā€™ll buy a 2nd OT before Digitrack release. :smile:

Cheaper, easier, faster :
https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/7/e71f7af0657a1be5e4da65c70f5a19052da4527c.png

2 Likes

They would probably make it only 4 tracks like the digitone.

Digiridoo

11 Likes

If anything it will be a DigiBeat. A MicroTonic style drum synth.

No machines-method: all percussion coming from a single synth layout

Maybe 4 voices/4 Midi? Soundlocks and Retrig

Either that or the Digi-Series is tapped out and the current offering is deemed to be complete: Fx Processing done(Heat), Percussion(Digitakt), Sampling(digitakt), Synthesis(Digitone)

The only other offering I can think of is a mixer- but it would only be 4 inputs/2 outputs, assign 2-FX per track and overbridge. But that doesnā€™t really fit on a matrix of feasibility vs worth.

3 Likes

Man, everybodyā€™s been exceptionally brilliant on this forum lately(moreso than usual, I mean)

This was excellent

3 Likes

Indeed. To much work with Photoshop for a good Digiridoo ! :smile:

I was just thinkin this morning id love a digi size octatrack crossfader vibe machine. would be sick.

1 Like

This would be nice for winter 2018

20 Likes

Will this functionality be applied to the Analog Heat?

2 Likes

I would love to see a modular Elektron box that can work with OT and other Elektron products.

Must be elektron turning 20, weā€™ve reached a new age of enlightenment

1 Like

Well, that was certainly better than MOST teenage years!

1 Like

I would love to see an Elektron box called something like the DigiLab. Ideally this would be something like Max/MSP wedded to Elektronā€™s top-class industrial design and their sequencing know-how.

It would be a digital synth in the spirit of the Monomachine, but with a wider set of synthesis and FX algorithms, including those only seen in more esoteric settings such as Max, Csound, SC, etc. Crucially it would have an open SDK so the community could create new ā€œmachinesā€ and share them.

The sequencer would include the classic Elektron style but also Euclidean, random, physics-based (e.g. marbles, tombola etc.) and ideas such as those in Xronomorph, which extends Euclidean sequencing. These could be added as optional sequencing ā€œmachinesā€. Maybe OSC support could be added in this way. (Yes, Iā€™m dreaming.)

It would accept audio input and would output in multiple channels. Obviously it would be USB and Overbridge/VST compatible. But also perhaps output digital audio via ADAT, so it could be hooked up directly to audio interface or top-end kit like the Eventide H8000.

Clearly it would need a fairly powerful CPU, perhaps multiple. But it would be a mobile digital synthesis lab, without the drawbacks of a laptop.

(I guess this is a bit like an Elektron version of the Nord Modular or Orthogonal ER-301. Wouldnā€™t that be cool.)

11 Likes

+1

1 Like