What's next for Elektron?

How is ROMpling better than sampling?

Just throw in a bunch of dialogue from Shenmue run through a cheap DAW reverb on its longest settings and Iā€™m sold <3

1 Like

Imagine polyphony, 4 cheezy little multi-sampled ā€˜oscillatorsā€™ per voice and the Elektron sequencer/effectsā€¦ Iā€™m all ear :slight_smile:
Would be even more fun with an additional user-wave section, but even just an Elektron Rompler would kick ass if you ask me haha

Itā€™s not.

2 Likes

DigiSID, Sidstation digi style with easy to use sythesis engine as digitone to FM.

Model: Mono, monophonic analogic sythetiser as Model:samples style.

Wavestation SR was my first proper synth too. Confused me no end.

1 Like

The price probably would be 2000+

Iā€™m loving my Roland SoundCanvas SC-55.
The sounds are cheesy in isolation, but in a mixā€¦ not bad. Polyphony up the wazoo.

You mean Octatrack 2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would pay for it without a doubt.

To reduce the waiting time and not being dependent on Elektron for long term support I would replace OB7 with class compliant USB audio (multitrack).

One point Iā€™ve missed on your list:

• streaming audio to SSD (all tracks + inputs + main) = recording capabilities just limited by SSD size

Optional addition for geeks:

• FX plugins with public API and free development environment (similar to the custom oscillators on Prologue) so over time the machine can become a FX monster
1 Like

Perhaps it will have CV outs, but in a strange twist, it will be V/Hz instead of V/Octā€¦!

2 Likes

althoughā€¦isnā€™t the issue with SID Station essentially that there arenā€™t enough SID chips left to do commercial synths anymore?

I mean, they can use the SID-esque engine out of the Monomachine I guess, but thatā€™s not quite the same thingā€¦ and why would you limit it to just that?

1 Like

Yes, monomachine-like engine would be greatā€¦ but anyway, i mean elektron have done good work around simplification FM on Digitone. The compromise perfect between simplicity and functionality. Iā€™d like to see the same with SID or wavetable, for example. But i think, maybe the sid itā€™s more complex and it more sense to do that simplicity on there. Anyway, with chips sid or others compatibles.

Model:Cowbells

13 Likes

Portamento on the Digitone is hopefully something theyā€™re working on.

2 Likes

Hell yeah. And midi arp, and scale per track. Ahem.

they go bankrupt because of MS and Behringer buys them :rofl:

1 Like

Dang, I didnā€™t know there was no scale per track. Octatrack has spoiled me :confused:

Hz/volt would be hilarious