What's playing at your funeral?

Boc

2 Likes

Not mine, but my brother has said a few times he wants me to ensure this gets played should he pass (fingers crossed I don’t ever have to handle music choices for his funeral, especially as he is younger).

I think this is pretty hilarious :rofl:

1 Like

Come on… what will it be …at your funeral? That final bit of sound that says it all when you’re off into the next dimension…

1 Like

we did that already :grimacing: :skull:

2 Likes

This song this version of it too

1 Like

I just watched a New Orleans traditional creole/jazz funeral procession and I can’t think of any other way to go out. Jazz brass bland blaring, people dancing, and not a somber face in the crowd. Tears of joy as my loved ones celebrate my life as opposed to mourning it.

2 Likes

But in all seriousness, assuming my taste doesn’t change much until then. Something like this:

I mentioned elsewhere.

Thriller.

With Vincent Price’s monologue coming from my casket

1st one that came to mind…

All my private unfinished sketches on soundcloud. After the first ten minutes the guests will be so annoyed that they wont miss me. haha

Im pretty certain the sound track to my final moments is gonna be the sound of gas burners firing followed by some foley of a dustpan and brush… I’m going straight to the BBQ and bypassing the funeral, fuck all that sentimental shit, I’d rather my kids and missus had the money to support themselves once I’m gone…

1 Like

Difficult to decide between The Lark Ascending or this:

New Grass : Talk Talk

1 Like

Cardiacs

Probably Club Tropicana by Wham.

I just love the idea of the silence, followed by the ambient sounds, then the bassline slowly fading in.

The fact that everyone there will slowly catch on to what song it actually is at a different point in the intro makes me smile.

2 Likes