What's the point of the Digitakt if I have all 5 Elektron boxes?

Good monitors and/or room treatment. You’ve got so much gear. You absolutely don’t need the Digitakt. Make sure you can hear what you have.

1 Like

Wow. You don’t need anything. Get an iPad Pro. That’s all I have now, to sit alongside my Digitakt, which hopefully arrives on Wednesday.

Not sure where your based but I use Zurich music insurance in U.K for dongle linked software licences (lost Cubase 4 full licence once!!!) and everything that could be out of studio (MacBook, iPad, op-1) etc. £10 a month well spent.

Everything else over £1k is a separate item on home insurance with accidental damage cover. Everything else is covered automatically. That probably adds another £15 a month. Well worth it compared to the feeling of losing it all for whatever reason, however unlikely.

1 Like

Thanks for the input guys! I absolutely will make gear insurance a priority I’ve put it off for way too long!

From the input here and from my research of the DT it definitely seems like a fun little box however already owning (and being VERY happy with the 5 main Elektron boxes) it seems like the DT would be pretty redundant. It seems to be like a scaled down and more affordable OT with some interesting tricks up it’s sleeve and like a pretty fun and inspiring piece of kit perhaps targeted at people that have yet to enter the Elektron world and/or have some of the Elektron gear but not all of it but either way it seems absolutely redundant in my setup. I think my interest in it was more G.A.S induced. I’ve had several different studio setups the past 14 or so years and one thing I took away from that in building up the studio I have now is to avoid redundancy, with the one exception being if there is a special something that may cover a base you already have covered but with a dramatically different work flow. set of features or something that inspires new lines of thinking and different approaches to the way you work or something along those lines. For instance I have used Maschine since it came out and still use my MK1 for basic beat construction even though I could easily do everything that machine does in something like the OT for example (or really in Ableton itself) since they are both samplers with a couple FX on each one etc the workflow is so dramatically different that they both inspire me to create things I probably wouldn’t have in just using one of them.

Thanks again for the input and for the gear suggestions AND for reminding me that I really need to stop putting off gear insurance.

1 Like

If you have home insurance you may be ok… all my gear falls under that category and is insured even if i take it with me on travels