What's your favorite Digitakt feature?

I’m wondering about trading my MPC One (that I don’t use much) for a Digitakt, though I’m sceptic about gaining much.

What can it do that a MPC can’t ?

I also got a Digitone and a Syntakt.

you know from your other elektrons… it has p-locks, sound locks, controll all.
And it has overbridge

It’s way more streamlined than your mpc which also means it has way less features

2 Likes

Digitakt is less about the individual features and more about how they all integrate. Take a look at the Digitakt 1.50 thread, that’ll either sell it or let you know you’re good where you are.

1 Like

the unreasonably high resale value is probably the standout of all the great features of a DT.

it can also match with the digitone and syntakt so it looks like a gang is hanging out on your desk about to start some shit if any other piece of gear wants to get froggy.

however, it can not be a daw in a box, it can not record long audio samples, it can not record audio tracks, it can not full color touch screen, it can not use plug ins, it can not truly slice, it can not use a memory card or an ssd over usb, it can not use an audio interface for extra connectivity, it can not… mpc.

comes down to what you will use it for. if you like elektron workflow this is it, if you like daw in a box mpc one is the biz.

6 Likes

Misleading question. The title doesn’t match your real question.

6 Likes

It looks nicer than the MPC One by a lot.

2 Likes

I love the DT delay.

3 Likes

Have you already established a workflow with the MPC One? If so, then maybe rethink your gear change-up. If you like what you’re making with the MPC One? If so, then rethink your gear change-up.

If you’re not getting along with the MPC One, then the workflow of the Digitakt is superb.

2 Likes

Biggest nope.

2 Likes

It’s just 2 questions in a thread my dude.

Yeah but you’d get more answers from people who got both devices.

And no need to take this as a personal thing. I’m here to help.

2 Likes
My favourite Digitakt features are that it sounds amazing, that it has no touch screen and that it boots under 6 seconds.

And that the Digitakt is not a MIDI controller with an embedded linux computer running a not well thought out Juce application with all its quirks, bugs and annoyances.

It’s a dedicated sampler and sample mangler which does the job excellent.

7 Likes

Slices ! Can be super glitchy under control. Ability to change grid and length (number of slices played) can generate retrigs you can modulate, granular stuff…
Lfos on slices for random stuff, round robin, lfo on slots to change samples…

4 Likes