What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Nice tune! Data Bender is a desert island module for me

2 Likes

You should definitely continue that sort of thing!

1 Like

ZuluSCSI for s760 arrrived today :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I thought those were CDs on the table :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

May I ask where you purchased your zuluscsi from, and which configuration you went with? Iā€™ve been meaning to do this with mine, but Iā€™ve been a bit unsure as the best way to go about it.

This one: Internal ZuluSCSI SCSI SD Drive ā€“ SamplerZone.com

Some info:

"ZuluSCSI is the successor to SCSI2SD and adds a couple significant improvements, with no downsides. SCSI2SD is not made anymore so they are difficult to get, even though we still sell them. Some SCSi2SD may be advantageous for some samplers and hosts, but not the Roland S7x.

ZuluSCSI uses images on a normally-formatted SD card to present data to the SCSI buss, instead of specialized data-writing with SCSI2SD. Since the Roland S7x uses a proprietary disk format, images are far, far easier to work with in your computer.

ZuluSCSI has 4 different models for the Roland S7x: External, Internal, Mini, and Rack.

External: connects via SCSI cable and uses regular-sized SD cards, uses wall wart for power
Internal: connects via special internal ribbon cable and uses regular-sized SD cards, uses floppy power for power
Mini: plugs right into the back SCSI port and uses MicroSD cards, powered via USB cable into a wall charger
Rack: single-space 19" rack holding 1-3 ZuluSCSI units, uses regular-sized SD cards, uses wall-wart for power

The Roland S7xā€™s SCSI port does not give the ZuluSCSI enough power in which to operate, so it needs external power."

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Looks like the way to go, for sure!

I got the Polyend Play a couple of weeks ago. Iā€™ve been watching YouTube videos, and Iā€™m trying to figure things out.

6 Likes

Definitely. 10 times faster than floppy. Installation was easy peasy.

1 Like

Unopened Syntakt for 800 European beans on reverb. the dude paid for 24 hour shipping out of his own pocket so I could get it quick. sound.

just fully tested itā€¦immaculate :heart:

23 Likes

Now I have both :heartbeat: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

mfb-tanzbar-1

30 Likes

Nice one! Iā€™m going to try BlueSCSI for my S760 and other samplers, but ZuluSCSI is probably better.

Me? I gave in and got a Digitakt again after the 1.50 update was announced. I think this is my thirdā€¦ :blush: I also got this electronics case from Amazon that fit the Syntakt.

13 Likes

Never heard of. It seem to be quite cheaper, nice. But i assume one need to do some coding?

Nice. I have always lusted over an og tanzbƤr. At some point I will have to snag one. Have fun!

1 Like

I just ordered the bare PCB and components to built 2 - 3 of them for my samplers, but they are still in my backlogā€¦ If you buy them ready made, I think itā€™s very much like the ZuluSCSI in that you can just put the disk images as files on the SD card. ZuluSCSI even got the code for that from BlueSCSI IIRC, but is maybe faster and compatible with more SCSI devices?

Iā€™m planning to build a Roland S-series video out to HDMI adapter as well!

Very interested to hear your opinions on the MSW-810. Will it scratch the itch persisting since I lost my beloved 101?

Interesting. I bought two (1, 2) different scart to hdmi converters without any luck. The former is recommended by the one making the roland rgb scart. Maybe i got unlucky and had a faulty one, i dunno.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

making more tracks like thisā€¦ just the buchla and drums all run through an OT

29 Likes

After 3 Machinedrums, 3 Rytms, 2 Digitones, 2 Analog Fours, 2 Octatracks, 2 Heats and a Monomachine Iā€™m about to find out what the fuss is about with the most popular Elektron ever - the Digitakt. It was a classic toss between the OT and DT in 2019 and once I went with the Octa I kinda never looked back. Until I decided to move my Digitone and a friend of mine had the Digitakt up for trade.

25 Likes