What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

After almost a year of happily patching Mother-32, DFAM, and 0-Coast together (usually sequencing, and sampling it, with DT), I’m adding an

0-Ctrl

to explore more with off-the-grid rhythms, subharmonics, unusual sequencing and modulation possibilities. Still haven’t fallen into fully modular, but I’ve still got a lot of exploring to do, and meditative fun to be had, in here.

There are comparatively fewer guides to 0-Ctrl I’ve found outside Loopop, Mylar, and Make Noise, and the threads here and mod wiggler. Anyone have any must-see resources for ideas?

UPDATE: it arrived, and it’s a smile factory. The Asheville special:

5 Likes

Well spotted! I have the MSW-810S, which is the version with the TB-303 sequencer. They have stopped making them though, and now offer the regular MSW-810 as well as a version with MIDI input called MSW-810M.

My biggest gripe with it is probably the same as with the MC-202, namely that the sliders are shorter. The mod slider on my unit reacts a bit much in the lower range, i.e. the range from no modulation to too much modulation is pretty short. It might be that the original CMU-810 behaves that way though, I’m not sure since I’ve never used one. It can probably be fixed by changing a resistor value somewhere I guess. I also have an MC-202 (with a broken display, so I’m waiting for the Tubbutec mod to be released), and the MSW-810S sounds just as good!

3 Likes

Finally got my hands on this bad boy

19 Likes

Are you going to keep it this time? :sunglasses:

Probably not, given my crappy track record of keeping things! ;D But in all seriousness, I hope that I’ll be able to integrate the elektron devices into my workflow (whatever that workflow is). I have to look past the limitations (4 bars, lack of kits, unable to set start point or loop for example step 48 - 64) that makes it a bit harder for me to use it for writing melodies and longer sequences. I’ve used the Syntakt with Overbridge on my M1 Mac, and that has worked well, so the plan is to use the Digitakt with Overbridge as well as just jammin’ with the Syntakt and a couple of synths! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

be pretty

7 Likes

Just got the Roland J6 Chord Sequencer the end of last week. Looking to connect the J6 with the T8 Rhythm and E4 Voice Box.

7 Likes

New software licenses for Ableton Live 11 and Logic X since I’m teaching and need for music production in my studio. I’ll buy end of month after trial expires.

2 Likes

My two newest drum machines, intend to make some beats!

13 Likes

that sure is an expensive drum machine – at least it’s battery powered! How does one get a synth in their Tesla?

1 Like

It’s built in! Has 808/909 and a bunch of instruments. TR-Rec or real time recording. Multitrack too! Curious who made it, it’s kinda solid.

2 Likes

Black panels from Mörk Modular, they are gorgeous, thanks @mewraz!

7 Likes

Looking good! That is such a great moduleation combo you got there. Have your tried stages as an harmonic oscillator or tides as a chord oscillator? :exploding_head:

1 Like

Yeah they’re great, I love stages and Tides.
Have not tried the harmonic oscillator mode, but I have tried the chord mode on tides. I really like Tides as an oscillator. I think it sounds great. Right now I’m using them to modulate midi CCs on my other synth

2 Likes

So, the Korg Wavestation EX (1990) was able to elude my grasp (for now). However, a new love affair has begun.

My intentions are to make my loops more Ill.

12 Likes

Those black panels are gorgeous

1 Like

Nice! I love Red Panda pedals. I had the Particle V2 for quite a while, and absolutely loved it! I may grab another one at some point.

3 Likes

Yeah brother, I’ve been gassing pretty hard for Red Panda pedals lately, so it was a nice surprise to see a couple sitting at the pawn shop near my house. I could have gone with Particle 2 for the same price, but it was third on my list from Red Panda behind Tensor (which I snagged) and Bitmap (which I’ve used many times whilst dreaming). I did get to try the Particle 2 out for a bit, as well as OBNE Minim. It did not help the gas.

3 Likes

Wow, haven’t thought of Toejam and Earl in decades. Oh, the hours spent ambling around with Earl.

5 Likes

Been meaning to buy both of these albums for a long time now.

13 Likes