What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Classics :+1:

1 Like

You mad lad.

1 Like

nicest most practical desk ive ever seen and the cable mess gets hidden in the back. so perfect

1 Like

Hello Nymphes.
Intention: move the sliders

28 Likes

Expensive day yesterday. Cirklon and Monomachine MK2+. Baked beans for the next few months lol.

No idea where they will fit on my desk when they arrive

15 Likes

Sold a camera lens on Ebay for plenty of cash, which was nice. The continued purging of the detritus of hobby GAS obsessions past. Which then got ploughed into this box of fun which I picked up earlier this afternoon.

What a beautiful sounding thing the Filterbank is, even just messing around with a few small loops on my OP1. Now no excuses not to clear some space to get stuff properly set up.

20 Likes

Mate it’s worth it. I’m eating Korean ramen daily but I write bangers all day too. Invest in yourself :sunglasses:

4 Likes

A Micromonsta 2 then I tought my Syntakt and Digitakt needed their brother so I got the Digitone … 4th Elektron and I’ll keep them all ! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Got one of these… :smiley:

I generally use my Digitone Keys to sequence or clock everything, but lately, instead of having the one larger setup in the studio, I’ve been breaking things out and using them individually. I wanted a second sequencing option away from the Elektrons for the modular stuff, maybe the Waldorf M (when not sequencing it with the DNK which is already nice…)

Options are good. :smiley:

SQ64

17 Likes

These have been so dirt cheap I’ve been tempted to buy one more than once. Let me know what you think.

2 Likes

I shall!

I took it out of the box. Build quality is top notch. Very cool little unit. Hope to plug it in later tonight!

2 Likes

At least you won’t have to go out to your car to check your mix :+1:

2 Likes

there’s more than just one kind of bean though. black beans and rice, refried beans and tortillas, red beans and rice… think of it as an opportunity to explore the wonderful world of bean recipes.

4 Likes

Curious to hear what you think about it ! Years ago I teetered on the fence then went for the ot as well , but I’m always tempted by the dt

1 Like

Not sure yet if I’ll keep it or not. The new machines are a lot of fun (lots of happy accidents on some melodic samples/loops, for example) and it’s definitely a faster workflow than the OT. Won’t get into the sound quality thing… :smiley: other than I’ve been getting nice sounding results on the DT as well. The only thing is I tend to work with longer samples, to the extent of essentially using the OT as a looper sometimes, so if I end up keeping just one of them, it’ll be the OT. The DT is great as a more drum-oriented sampler.

1 Like

I bought myself an SP-404MK2 lately. Besides both Models, I actually can’t remember another device I had so much fun with immediately after buying it. One very nice thing about it is all the love and updates Roland keep adding to the device. The same thing cannot unfortunately be said about the Models that Elektron doesn’t seem to care much about. They’ve been beautifully crafted, sold and forgotten…
Intentions: fun first then I’ll see how it fits into my workflow

2 Likes

got one at the $130 USD price they have them at presently… nice sequencer, and the firmware updates have been quite impressive. well worth the price and built like a tank!

1 Like

May I ask where you got it that cheap? If they’ve gotten the bugs ironed out with firmware updates that sounds like a great deal.

Ssl flexverb

Not because I need it or that it will give me something I don’t have yet. But it seems like a nice tool for drum bus or vocals.

1 Like

I’ve bought a few things in the last 4 months. I’ve been stressed out and busy so I haven’t had a chance to use any of it until now.

A jbl sub for my studio, a minifreak, a fender duo sonic player, isp decimator and bogner Harlow for my pedal board, a Waldorf blofeld and a syntakt. I also bought wall hangers for my guitars.

Went through a long drawn out breakup and I tend to buy myself stuff to cheer myself up. I finally have my house back to myself and am able to enjoy it all.

24 Likes