What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

MB33. Have been after one of these for quite a while… pretty hard to find reasonably priced ones. Can’t do anything else but having a lot of fun with it, I guess. :space_invader:

18 Likes

what does this mean? a key press? some kind of "chord’ keyboard mode?

I assume hold a step in record mode and play the chord on the keys. Instead of faffing around with the trig keys on the regular Digitone.

4 Likes

oh, thanks for explaining. i’ve been doing this with my launchpad (my “keyboard”) forever. its my main sequencing method for all of my synths. i figured it was something dn-keys specific

2 Likes

I just sold mine and USPS lost it. Jerks!

Have fun!

2 Likes

You hold a step, like you normally would, but instead of having to construct your chord on a virtual keyboard using encoders, you just tap the chord on the actual, physical keys. You can enter an entire pattern in seconds this way.

1 Like

Earmuffs!!! I don’t have room for a DNK is what I keep reminding myself but this sounds awesome!

2 Likes

Too bad. Sorry to read that. It’s such a nice little toy.

1 Like

I’m signing to you just how amazing it is! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

On the DN, you can also hold a Trig and press the Note button to access the Keyboard. From there, you enter your Notes and press Yes to confirm.

3 Likes

True. And honestly the ways available on the desktop aren’t bad at all. It’s just that IMO the keys is pretty much a perfect and flawless instrument. It just streamlines every musical process, and takes the administrative thoughts out of my mind, and all I’m thinking about while using it is music. Very cool!

I would love to see a Syntakt keys, with an A4 style poly mode for either a set of analog tracks or a set of digital tracks.

Of course, since the DNK may or may not become scarce now, I doubt they’d do it.

2 Likes

I know, I kind of regret selling it too. But I hadn’t used it in at least a couple years. It’s probably only now that it’s gone that I want immediate 303ish satisfaction instead of having to work a little bit harder for it. :stuck_out_tongue: I really liked its sound though, it was just ‘off’ enough to make me laugh.

1 Like

Absolutely. I’m always torn apart when I see a used DNK on the market. It’s really a question of space for me. One day, if I move in a bigger room, I will seriously consider getting one.

2 Likes

I think having both versions would be cool honestly. There are times when I don’t want to move the DNK, or sit in the studio, where I am constantly hauling my Digitakt, Syntakt (and when I had a desktop Digitone) all over the place to make music in different places. Having the DN for this, and the DNK for studio oriented use would be incredible. Still on my list of things to do at some point.

As it is now though, I think I’m going to be selling a couple of synths to get the Mask 1. (not my DNK/ST/DT though)

1 Like

I have had this thought many times. One day I will see a DN offer I can’t refuse.

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I’m waiting for. I used to see such offers once in a while, but not lately.

1 Like

To be honest, that’s how I got the DNK. I wasn’t planning on it at all. I could probably have written a thousand words on why it was the wrong choice. But I’m pretty happy with it.

2 Likes

Do you know if it will do this from a midi keyboard like the OT does?

1 Like

Yes it will. Hold a Trig, press the notes on the Keyboard, release the Trig.

1 Like

Easel Command Station. Make noise and bass.

13 Likes