What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Look like these Insignia - Ergonomic Laptop Stand - Silver - surprisingly cheap, if they are as good as they look

2 Likes

Thanks buddy.

Yup, that’s what I used. They are sold under a bunch of different names. I found Suturun Laptop Stand in Amazon.

1 Like

got this little drone box in the mail today called hana synth, based on the WSG circuitry… almost like an analog buddha box, easy to get drifting throat singy vocally sounds out of it and very fun to explore so far, quite affordable and adorable too!

15 Likes

I got a variety pack of stands. Cheap too. I’ll share my findings.

2 Likes

We got an upright Piano from my wife’s church… it’s clunky, kind of out of tune and full of character.

I sampled my wife playing (not pictured) and humming into OT and made something out of that…

30 Likes

I feel a little silly about this one. I have all these sounds on my MC-707, MC-101, and DAW, but I wanted something in the rack. And I found a great deal while visiting Canada — you know how it goes. Plus one of my favorite soundtracks of all time (Phatasy Star Online) was pretty much all 2080, so I wanted to get a feel for the UI.

Though I’ve pretty much guaranteed Roland will release a ZEN-Core powered Integra now. So… you’re welcome?

14 Likes

What headphones are those ?

:joy::joy:. probably good you clarified that one.

2 Likes

HD-58x Jubilees with Dekoni’s “Fenestrated” replacement pads.

2 Likes

Bae got brain surgery.

Intentions to seek out new acid and new modulations, to baldy go where no baldy has been bald before.

39 Likes

Intention: Aside from playing…

Sell some things I’m not using, because it was a naughty purchase.

21 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I thought you are older. I would say - not bad for a kid and his OT

2 Likes

they´ve alwys said i look so young for my age :smile:

3 Likes

I found this really moving.

2 Likes

baller! :raised_hands:

how hard was the install? I’ve read it’s pretty insane. and the instructions seem to back that up.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, they can do it.
When I think of this 202 that I hesitated too long to buy…

2 Likes

It was a bit tough to install the new CPU, everything else was simple, the new CPU has castellations rather than legs, so avoiding bridges and getting exact alignment was a bit of a chore, I had to remove it 3 times, which was a bit tense given the fragility and pitch of the traces.

It is an excellent mod though.

5 Likes

yeah they can do it or they have a bunch of recommended places to take it. the 202 is small enough, it’s not a big deal to send it off for this. but that’s not usually the case with Tubbutec upgrades. they’re usually not all that difficult to perform though; swap a socketed chip and solder a wire or two sort of thing. you have to completely desolder and replace the CPU chip in this one though.

glad to hear it went well in the end, @darenager I figured you had enough skill and experience to do it. most probably won’t though.

3 Likes