What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Looks like a little cyanescen (except with spots) behind the Typhon. :wink:

1 Like

Can you describe what we are seeing here?

You mean the decksaver? Or the reflection in it?

1 Like

The reflection looks scary. :rofl: A globulous red eye fishman with an open mouth and a mullet.

3 Likes

Lol itā€™s the underside of the shelf above it (the typhon is just out of frame to the bottom left of the second image).

2 Likes

Iā€™m too sober to see that, but that might be one of my favorite responses anyone has ever had to anything Iā€™ve posted online.

3 Likes

Lol. Iā€™m surprisingly more than sober for a Friday night. :rofl:

2 Likes

Wellā€¦

ā€¦Iā€™m notā€¦

:smiley:

3 Likes

I appreciate this tip, Iā€™d been looking to upgrade from a cheap Lifetime folding table and have looked all over including a few workbenchesā€¦ and this Gladiator seems like a far better (versatile, durable, nice-looking, adjustable) option for me than a cheap studio or office desk in the same or higher price rangeā€¦

1 Like

Thang.
Alright, Iā€™ve spent a few hours messing around with it and feel pretty good about giving this little guy a recommendation. Itā€™s well thought out, and constructed. Youā€™re never more than a few knob turns or button presses away from what you want to do. The menu diving isnā€™t even comparable to the horrid, and painful diving of other machines in the past. It feels really great and this might be one of the most surprising things about it. The mini keyboard feels good to play. I loathe minikeys, but these seem to be wider than regular ones. Only gripe about the keybed is that sometimes my wide fingers accidentally press the mod strip. I havenā€™t looked to see if I can increase the sensitivity of it but itā€™s not too much of a gripe at that, more of an observation. Sounds good, is easy and enjoyable to program, and the depth available to you and the price of it is remarkable. I can whole heartedly say that this is an amazing deal for what theyā€™re going for ($499 for the remainder of the month). Itā€™s digital, and a wavetable, so if you like neither one of those, watch a few extra videos before you bite.

13 Likes

Ordered a Boss RC-500 for a bass and guitar practice room:

3 Likes

Also, I was going to return it because I got frustrated trying to update it and didnā€™t think it was worth it.

In the return requirements is this funny gem:

Please be sure that the item is securely packaged. Korg USA will not be responsible for any lost or damaged return packages.

1 Like

The ONE TRICK SYNTHFLUENCERS DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW.

2 Likes

Haha, now theyā€™re just trolling. ā€œHey Ted in accounting, Iā€™ve a great idea as to how we can get free packaging materials. Hear me out!ā€.

1 Like

I very recently made a clone of the Eyesy with an rpi 3b+ and a stereo audio hat called audioinjector. I control it via OSC.
Shame it seems it has been sorta abandoned by C&G indeed.
I havenā€™t made any custom scripts yet, but just playing with the presets is quite a lot of fun!

1 Like

:cry:

2 Likes

Do trades count in this thread?

This is my first trade. Oldies but goodies, if 2018 devices can be considered oldies, but I guess it really was a different time. I think my oldest synth is from 2016.

12 Likes

Tasty Chips GR-1, the real time controls are amazing. You can ā€œplayā€ it! I really have no idea how I will use the OT and the GR-1 together, let alone my other stuff. One thing I have learned about the GR-1 is that it is as weird as the OT. Convoluted functions, very little intuitive stuff and the weirdest file system. This should be interesting, another workflow to deal with. BTW, I found a laptop stand that works with the OT so I got another for the GR-1. I had those little folding ones and I hated them. Made by Insignia and when your happy with the alignment you can torque the nuts and the machines are solid.

17 Likes

feels like the chip shortage killed their ability to make any more, and I guess maybe the motivation to do more to the code disappears a bit that way!

shame, as what I have seen of the OfxLua patches looks amazing.

Going to be an uphill struggle, but going to do my best to work out Lua/Of and make some modes, which if I manage it will be shared on patchstorage eventually iā€™m sure.
tbh even working out how Lua and Of relate to each other here is making my head hurt. haā€¦

What stands are those? Need em for my laptop.