What's your TECHNO setup

Finally locked in my techno setup. Mixer main out goes into the OT, and OT into my RME Fireface.

Really starting to get to grips with the modular and things are starting to flow nicely

34 Likes

dang…

2 Likes

Double dang…

2 Likes

Wow, so you just turn everything on and it makes techno for you?

7 Likes

So as others have realized, the A4 is pretty amazing…

Here is my “endgame” for now:

And a sample short track if you care to have a listen:

19 Likes

Very nice set-up. Lots of thick analogue sounds. And your using the BB to sequence the Moog? I still haven’t used the BB for anything but recording clips… Couldn’t be happier with it tho.

1 Like

Yea I use the BB for drum duties (samples) mostly.

The OT or the A4 sequence the DFAMs

1 Like

Currently it is this: in our Camper-Van at the Beach in Rømø, Denmark.

Trying to relearn that device and having fun with Samples/Multisamples i did the other day.

11 Likes

Dude, You have honed in on your setup (I’ve followed your progress) and now you are making music. Do beg my pardon, when I heard your earlier tracks I though ok… here’s a man with an idea…

Now, the know how of how a snare reverb should sound and how the low end should be completely removed from reverb is something that you’ve learned with time. That’s a really good jam.

AAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD
WOOOOOOOiiiiiiiii YOUR manipulation of the sacred cross fader is what made it great from good.

4 Likes

Really appreciate the words here. I have played guitar/bass/drums for a long time so this electronic world has taken some getting used to. Knowing when to use delay over reverb, or when to use both, etc…

The crossfader is really something else!

Thanks again. This gives me motivation.

5 Likes

Mate, you got this.

Big ups to you virtual fistbump

2 Likes

Here is my techno oriented system, rytm for drums, modular as my main source of sounds.

The bottom case + Rytm + 3FX pedals compose my live set up with the iPad for H9 control sometimes. I tried to keep it as minimal as possible to keep the performance oriented feeling over too much details and playback.

The top case purpose is sound design oriented for the studio.
Everything is connected to my 24 channels mixing console.

19 Likes

…soooo many nice setups and live rigs here…

…used quite a few versions of gear combos like that…

…but for real stage/show abuse i always end up in slimming down and further down…
my last rig contained an ot, a takt and a heat hardwired to ot’s cue outs…plus running a cycles here and there via the other inputs of the ot…ot master and heats main outs were going straight to front of house…

realised long time ago already, that more than three elektron boxes are way too hard to control for real and to the point and spot in realtime…so ended up with just a rig of one ot and takt…heat does’nt count here, since it’s “only” an effect device…

…but again…another but…even that seems now to much for me…
now i’ll slim it down one last time again to one ot only…while good prepration is key…gonna add one little mb33 for some acid revival moments driven by ot’s midi capabilties, to fool around with no fear to loose the final plot…that’s is all it needs…

7 Likes

You just do filter sweeps in o

1 Like

As space is an issue for me, i built a mobile setup in a case which is easy to built up and remove again in jus some seconds.
By today i swapped the AR for a Digitakt, and plan to swap the OT for a xone db4 (inspired by dave mech youtube channel).
And, some music i produced with it :partying_face: hope someone likes it. Peace!

17 Likes

Awesome modular case! Did you build it yourself?

Both purchased on Etsy :slight_smile: You can find some goods builders on this site.

Is anybody able to spot what is the Eurorack stuff in the wooden box? Only judging by the color, something by Makenoise?

No idea.

By the sound and other instagram post I think there is an erbe-verb and a MMG by make noise

2 Likes