What's your TECHNO setup

Just added the Korg Radias module like new to my setup. It’s been 11yrs since I owned one and probably one of the best synths of it’s time. This will fit in just nicely to the setup.

Actual Image

5 Likes

Iv’e updated the first post here, my new setup looks like this OR it will next week when the Korg Radias gets here.

My setup

Very happy with this, everything I need in a nice small setup.

Rob

3 Likes

dang

1 Like

I´ve been secretly making techno during the past 2-3 years and I just discovered that my smartphone can do these funky panorama photos (btw, you can make any keyboard look like it has bad teeth like a cartoon character by abruptly moving the camera during a panorama shot, looks really funny :grin: ), so I figured I´d post a pic. :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Just found this guy on YouTube yesterday, and thought I’d share it here. Not classic techno, pushing that boundary waaaay beyond, but love it personally and he’s got some very inspiring gear and approaches in his setup that you don’t see everyday.

9 Likes

Wobbly gear panoramas are so hip right now…
This set up for an upcoming online stream gig…

9 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but what are the 2 rack things at the top?

the bottom is a behringer ada8200 adat interface. Id guess the top one is the main interface to which the ada8200 is plugged in to.

Behringer UMC1820 and Behringer ADA8200 gives me 16 inputs to the computer.

UMC1820

ADA8200

2 Likes

Ha! I recognise this approach.

3 Likes

Wondering how many people who love techno today listened hard rock / heavy when we were young. I bet most of us :blush:

Although it could seem strange, I always thought they are (very) compatible genres

13 Likes

Here’s a inspirational video of Phase Fatale doing work in the studio for FACTmagazine.
Very relevant to this thread!

20 Likes

19 Likes

For me, hardcore techno and gabber is heavy metal. At least until heavy metal stops crying about it’s mummy and pulls its finger out.

12 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah definitely! I’ve been really loving some techno punk / industrial stuff lately. And in general, the more underground heavy techno has a lot of similar anti establishment punk/metal esthetic/ideology behind it I would say. Love that, that’s what I love my nasty basement rave parties for, one big middle finger to the norm, and I think there’s a big comparison in that with metal. (And that’s not even getting into sonic/esthetic similarities)

4 Likes

Ultimately it was what brought me to electronic in the first place. There was a band called Meathook Seed, I think Mitch Harris was in as a guitarist, I guess they wanted an outro track, so they got Mick Harris aka Scorn and it was still heavy but in a completely different way. I was like “What is this? Some sort of brain magic?”

As I got older my palate broadened and I was less into full on metal and more into laid back stuff but been hooked on electronic ever since :slightly_smiling_face:

To keep on topic here is the current iteration of my Techo Setup

7 Likes

Big time. I got into tekno (more than techno) because it embodied the punk ethos so purely at a time when punk and metal didn’t (and still don’t). Underground, diy, community based, anti establishment, anti ego, etc… I’m so glad I did too, changed my life in the best possible ways.

4 Likes

Analog RYTM or Digitakt (Drum Duties), Analog Four (my stabs, chords, plucks, rhythmical textures), Digitone (my FM sounds - keys, FM bass), SH01a (my bass, leads, acid ish) They are coming next ! … I may add 1010music Blackbox for stream very long evolving textures

Argon 8m (chord pad, textures, lush chords), H9 (Effects Bus), SP16 (all stereo chunks + percussions + acoustic drums)
and now you said wait no Elektron, they coming ! I have deals so I started by low price first

should come to finished my setup (I may change the mixer for the L-20 if necessary)
then MASTER > Heat mk2 > PA

It may be huge but I repeat it’s a production + live setup. I may end with less gear in Live or Not. What’s important is every pieces have dedicated role in my creative process + live. my tracks creatively start with this and end up being played Live the same way.

1 Like

A procedure that brings efficience and permit to avoid any problem/question when it’s time to play live your studio work.

1 Like