What's your TECHNO setup

This is my first post here. After some Time I have found my perfect Techno setup…but i dont know for how long :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Tonight I’m just doing some sampling into the Digitakt from the M.Brane 11 midi’d up then DT/M.Brane in to the Mackie then back through the ALT out processed.
P-Locking is great and changing programs per step makes for some great percussion loops resampled back in to the DT and chopped up for live use.

4 Likes

Funny you say that^^
I got into metal during guitar lessons.
I started with guitar lessons at around 7, first acoustic guitar, later electric.
My guitar teacher gave me Rammstein tapes (I think I was 12) and we played a lot of Metallica in my lessons. Later all the blues and jazz and improvisation bored me and I left. Lol.

The center of my setup is A4, AR, M:C and FieldScaper iOS. Other synths and pedals/outboard fx serve as inspiration but are mainly used to record as samples for the AR (short mono) and FieldScaper (long stereo). There’s really nothing you can’t do with the four core units though… analog, digital, hybrid and glitch covered.

1 Like

<3 I use Soundscaper to do a lot of pre-production stuff. Love all of the 'scaper apps!

Most creative sampler I’ve ever used, hardware or software.

1 Like

First time posting here, hi everyone! I felt inspired after reading through the comments here, seeing your setups, and listening to some of your tunes. I got the 0-Coast back from repair this week and patched in the ER1 for some good techno fun. Got a mess of cables now, but sure was fun mixing it up.

11 Likes

Have you tried Soundscraper?

Welcome to elektronauts!
The er1 is a techno monster. One of the best drum machines ever.

2 Likes

I don’t think the type of gear really matters for techno. I think which finger you use to play it is more important.

16 Likes

This made me spit out my coffee

2 Likes

download

2 Likes

I demo’d it, should circle back to it again.

A guitar and a pocket sax.

2 Likes

How do you use fieldscraper?

Tanzbär + DFAM + Lyra
Delay & reverb

If I am going fast and loud I do prefer chaotic noise over techno these days.

2 Likes

As a circuit-bent sampler for spoken word/field recordings (straight from the phone mic, the reduced frequency range actually helps with extreme pitch shifting and mangling) and imported snippets of shortwave radio, EM noises and distortion loops, but now increasingly for long stereo phrases of synths through pedals recorded previously and edited in Ableton that just loop underneath my Elektrons.

1 Like

Live set up from a fundraiser livestream I did.

Work Set up for passing time.

12 Likes

Very cool and inspiring

1 Like

Are you shopping at Techno Depot?

10 Likes