What's your TECHNO setup

Octatrack, Rytm, Tetra, Avalon, BS2, Access Virus.
+/- pedals as I feel like it

1 Like

makes me think of good old times :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you feel the Virus stand up against the others? When I had one (the 1u rack version while producing D&B long ago) I thought the oscillators and filters couldn’t really compete up against the analogs I had, but admittedly I definitely could have spent more time exploring it. A good friend uses a Ti now for pads and ambient noises and loves it.

LoL. No. That’s a warehouse for a local production company. They do all kinds of shows across the US and lost all their gigs when we did. They decided to do live-streams to raise money for local musicians and I got to be part of a few of them. It was sweet… like a real television production.

The main lights go out and it’s you and the stage lights. No crowd. No clapping. No dancing. It was weird at first but I got over it quick

5 Likes

Sounds like 80% of all the gigs I have ever done! :rofl:

21 Likes

Same here. Usually just a couple of nerds staring at my gear. Though last time multiple scarcely clad girls right in front of the booth! Finally :smile:

4 Likes

Xone DB4… I strongly regret selling it…
Effects on it are out of this world.
Nice setup btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice work…!

Seriously wikid…your prep time on those samples must have been decades.

1 Like

That’s factory samples straight out of the box;) The whole set was done in two evenings. I think that is the good thing about such rudimentary setup - you just don’t overthink it.

4 Likes

I know. I was just joking. Looks like a cool setup.

1 Like

14 Likes

Any top suggestions? I need to get grittier.

14 Likes

Claustrophobic Sting, on tape, on a ‘Boots’ brand Walkman rip-off personal stereo aged 12 ((((( :flushed: )))))

3 Likes

Which piece of gear do you think was attracting the girls?! Asking for me…

I think about this, too. I want that new 6-channel pioneer with all the sends and returns… but I love the db:4, like, a lot a lot. Like, i pass it notes asking if it likes me a lot.

4 Likes

I got a xone96 recently and it’s beautiful, works with external effects obviously.

2 Likes

Was probably the cardboard moving box i brought my gear in (no joke)

1 Like

Eustachian
Realicide
Schizoid
For starters. Though everyone has different definitions of techno-punk. These are kind of literal blends of the two (as in, there are vocals/ politics). Stylistically bordering on digital hardcore. Underground goodness.

1 Like