When New Year strikes and you're on a dancefloor what's the first tune you want to hear?

This underground resistance - transition - YouTube

3 Likes

…all things considered…

ABBA happy new year :partying_face:

I’m retro.

4 Likes
5 Likes

What a tune!

1 Like

“Hi Ho Silver Lining”

I used to do the sound for a midrange ABBA tribute band. Best gig was for war bellend - Tony Blair’s leaving do in 2007. Took ages to get all the gear into the place as it all had to be X-ray 'd before i could rig it. Later, pissed, wondering around with an AAA lanyard i tripped over Jo Brand’s foot and landed face first in her chest… embarrasing but cushioned :blush:

1 Like

anything from the golden era of goa trance (1994–1998)

like this

To be fair I’d probably have a heart attack if I tried to dance to it now but the 21 year old me loved it…

3 Likes

But then, I don’t dance, don’t like crowds, and would hope for a rapid dispersal of such… :laughing:

2 Likes

I concur … with specific exceptions :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to make it through this thing called Life. Electric word, life, it means forever and that’s a mighty long time, but I’m here to tell you….there’s something else…”

4 Likes

As I live in Nottingham the best i can expect is that the dj didn’t realise it had turned 12 and didn’t do anything aside from continuing the chugginess. But if they played this it would focus my new year in a nice direction, 808 State - Cubik Olympic (Official Video) - YouTube

1 Like

This track always brings me back to 1996 New Years @ The End

2 Likes

Absolute killer!!

All these from yesterday’s thread?

2 Likes

oh, i didn’t notice that thread… obvs wouldn’t have created a new one had i known. my bad .

1 Like