Where have the boys from Boards of Canada gone?

I made a vow many moons ago that any thing I do be judged on the output and not the source. so I will never mention what im using. but its a SUPER basic bass sound. BUT I will tell you for speed I used the Valhalla Modulator plug for chorus. AND ITS FREEEEEE…Valhalla shit sounds GOOD.

get all their free stuff. and maybe help em out one day and buy something. :slight_smile:

who knows…maybe the bass isn’t treated. and they have two tracks of the same bass, with diff EQs on them, panned to get it wide. criss cross the panning? modulate the EQ on each track? dunno. they just to it well.

2 Likes

Machine Drum edit of a never released track. We need it reissued🙂

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Where’s the edit? This just sounds like it’s from BoCs live set at the WARP10th anniversary. It’s exactly the same.

last track

5 Likes

If you like vinyls this one sound fantastic!

I do…

my BoC collection is posted above :wink:

1 Like

Super nice collection! Mine is not that complete…
I have more stuff of Aphex

1 Like

Me too and a lot of Ae.
No valid reason not to have the Boc… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Same, a lot on AE

My little BOC vinyl collection is just that:

1 Like

This cover is sidereal.

On the theme of BOC and library music, this is worth getting if you can find a copy :slight_smile:

Tomorrow​’​s Achievements: Parry Music Library 1976​-​86 - Various Artists

4 Likes

And this…

…almost any Bruton album. My fave being Geoff Bastow

looks like this guys channel posted most of, if not all, the Bruton releases :open_mouth: haven’t checked the discography to see if that’s so. But 321 vids :+1:t6:

I’m almost complete on AFX, Ae and MBM. don’t have funds to pursue completion

7 Likes

This is lovely. I really wish we could buy the digital album since the physical one is sold out.

1 Like

Few here…

1 Like

For some reasons, I think MHTRTC sounds better on CD and Geogaddi sounds better on vinyl.

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve noticed this too re: the CD release of Geogaddi, which has some weird limiting in places. It’s most obvious on the heavier drums on Gyroscope which sound kinda flat on CD but totally fine on the record. (Not intending this as a vinyl vs digital thing, if they’d left the CD release a bit more dynamic it’d have sounded every bit as good). I’m not a record collector and I’m usually happy with a digital release for anything but the difference listening to a friend’s copy of Geogaddi was surprising.

3 Likes

July and Candy makes more sense on vinyl too. On the other had, the extra vinyl artefacts gets in the way of the subtlely degradated sound of MHTRTC

1 Like

the live version of Julie and Candy, for me, is definitely the best…

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

2 Likes

There’s some rumors of Hooper Bay being found. Not gonna link until shit’s confirmed.

2 Likes