Where have the boys from Boards of Canada gone?

Music has the Right + In a Beautiful Place, I think, are the best intro. Twoism, has a bit of the dark side to it. [which I like].

BoC Maxima :+1:t6:

The GP tend to go for Headphase. Don’t like that one at all.

I was just suggesting Old Tunes for points of interest. They have the most vibe, for me anyways. I was listening to a few of those tracks when Music came out. A few tracks were getting “leaked” on audio galaxy.

Geo is crazy. They said they went the deepest they’ve ever gone on that one. And I totally agree.

1 Like

Good lord, I remember visiting Club International in 1993 on an inbetweeners holiday with my sixth form buddies. Dancing to Haddaway and Freddie Mercury. The following year we came and Sid Owen (Rikaaay) was hanging out in town.

Anyway…sorry for that brief interruption.
Back to BOC!

2 Likes

I may have to dig up my collection pic again :slight_smile:

only time I get to show it off :blush:

1 Like

Never apologise for the awesome randomness of introducing Sid Owen into a BoC thread

2 Likes

Yes, I must remember that the GP tend to find my music taste dark or depressing haha

And Campfire Headphase is still a great album imo. I regularly get the wonky guitar intro to Chromakey Dreamcoat stuck in my head despite not listening to it in ages.

The rips on here are of really decent quality. I hope posting the link on here doesn’t violate community standards etc. I’ve taken care not to post directly to the DLs themselves and the page owner seems pretty conscientious

Copyright Notice From Linked Site

Notes on copyright

All the tracks available for download on this site are © Marcus Eoin and Michael Sandison. No copyright is claimed by rareboc.ax.lt for any text, images or audio available on this site.

Morally speaking, I have occasionally had people question whether I should really be sharing these files. It’s a valid question. But these tracks are already easily available online in various mislabelled and poor quality guises, from shady sharing websites, torrents, and soulseek folders. Some of these even illegally try to make money on the tracks either through selling the mp3s for money or by bundling adware.

I guess BOC probably would rather the tracks had never leaked at all, but I also hope that they would prefer that people listened to their tracks in the best available quality from a pretty open source than from somewhere shady.

I’ll only ever post download links to releases which have not been made available commercially. Should any official release of these tracks come about then I’ll remove these download links immediately and forever.

https://rareboc.ax.lt/

4 Likes

I think they’re making patches for the Synthstrom deluge these days

That album sets me off. I start to get agitated. But Oscar See Thru Red Eye is good. But it feels like Geo left over music.

And the TCanHighway ep is pretty good.
The single from the Japanese release of Headphase is good, Macquarie Ridge :+1:t6:

1 Like

Ooh, I don’t think I’ve heard that one. Thanks for the recommendation :yellow_heart:

ya its from the Japanese release fo Headphase

2 Likes

Japanese single from Geo…not as good

I’m actually gonna put some of their remixes…if you haven’t heard em…
[im sure most of the BoC fans have]

Dirty Great Mable

the proper cover…

Poppyseed

proper cover art…

Surfaise

proper cover art…

Sandsings

Prime Audio Soup

newer mixes below. I prefer the old ones

Last Walk Around Mirror Lake

Dead Dogs Two

Sisters

Broken Drum

Mr Mistake

7 Likes

All class - poppy seed reprise is one my favourite all time tunes.

Found this remix through Reddit and had it on repeat for a while (not sure it’s been posted yet):

7 Likes

This is Hell Interface tho…side project. There’s a couple more HI tracks.

I always wondered if Hi Scores was initially Hell Interface Scores

Here’s the other remix.

More Hell Interface, V/VM Christmas EP

3 Likes
3 Likes

I tripped out when I first heard that. Slave to the Rhythm is one of my fave tunes. Mixing Slave, Illusion and Aquarius is so good!

4 Likes
5 Likes

I did these ones…but I didn’t get creative like @captain8 did…

8 Likes

wish that was me haha but alas it’s a much more talented chap pulling those nice sounds out of the model cycles

1 Like