Where is the Nord Drum 4?

I also have the ND2 and ND3P – I agree with everything you said. I am actually planning on selling the 2, as I find the ergonomics of the 3P much nicer.

I understand if you are utilizing the trigger inputs, the 2 has more appeal – a totally legit reason to go for the 2.

I wouldn’t hold your breath on a 4 – like the Nord A1, it’s been out for awhile, and really works in it’s current form. Of course there are nice to haves in a new version, but I am not sure its worth it to Nord to build something new, when both units are really solid instruments already.

3 Likes

I felt like Korg tried to do that with the… well, can’t remember what it was called.
But, it didn’t appear as comprehensive as the ND and I personally never gelled with the Korg Volca aesthetics.
I keep dreaming Elektron will release a monster Digital Drum machine that has as many if not more parameters as the NDs.
I very much love their “machine” concept but I also find creating drums with the A4 and DN quite enjoyable too. So maybe a box with all of those workflows built around creating amazing Drum sounds.
Insta buy on my end.

Yeah… I guess personally, I find the Nord interface pretty fast, and I think it could be made even faster with a real display and a few more encoders, but I’d hate to end up with something menu-heavy, which feels like a bit of a risk there, and I’m also really happy about not having real estate and complexity for an internal sequencer I’ll never use, which I can’t imagine Elektron omitting.

Fair points.
Hopefully Nord will bring over their new OLEDs and make a Nord Drum 4 that will bring the roof down.
Stranger things have happened :slight_smile:

1 Like