Which Gear do you think will be worth the most in 10 years time?

I try to buy stuff that is of worth to me, not collect.

4 Likes

I don’t have much confidence any synth that needs drivers / integration with a computer will hold or increase in value , unless it’s still easy to hook up

Nord Modular’s are great but they’re becoming more difficult to keep editors working for. ( yes I know there are ways to do it )
Roland system 1’s / system 8 and their plug out system in 15 years time ???

Octatrack, squarp, norand

1 Like

Machinedrum for sure. I don’t think people generally fully understand how good it is and even now like 20 years after it’s initial release it’s still in a league of its own. I think it’s timeless and will only increase in value

4 Likes

Motas-6
THC Recursive Machine
Division Department 01/IV

2 Likes

the Pro One was $645 in 1980. or about $2k in 2021 dollars. which is about what a decent shape one goes for now. also the Pro One really hasn’t gone up much in the last decade, even amidst the analog explosion of late. I suspect you’re right tho, that the Pro 2 will be considered a classic in the pantheon of mono synths, and it will increase in value, just like the Evolver has. even if it’s just increasing with inflation.

dunno… Jomox stuff in general has dropped in value. other than the Sunsyn.

yes. I’d agree Cwejman is a good bet to only increase. it’s already super high though. even if they do start making modules again, I’ll bet there’ll be increased demand/prices for “Wowa era” Cwejman.

there’s also some eurorack stuff that’s super high. like Make Noise QMMG’s for near $10k! :exploding_head: those will likely increase, since vactrols are basically dead.

probably the winner for the thread title of “worth the most.” it’s already among the most expensive synths you can buy. 10 years from now… :crazy_face:

curious to see where the boutique/limited pedals go in ten years. will Chase Bliss/Copper FX Generation Losses cost $10k…? :thinking:

2 Likes

Analog Keys is worth a shout I reckon. A victim of the current mania for making things tiny, and impatience. It just needs one or two performers who really understand it to get popular and people will realise what they’re missing out on…

3 Likes

I recommend you stop working in finance.

2 Likes

Digitakt

2 Likes

I agree. Just like with watches … it’s not the $2000 watch “everybody” could afford but the ones >$6000 that gain value over (short) time - I’d say better invest in Omega / Rolex watches than in synths. Or Supercars. But a bit out of my league :sweat_smile: but maybe it’s cool for you!

OB-6
Prophet 6
Prophet 5/10 Rev 4
Matriarch
Wonder how much more a Juno 60 will be by then too ?

Digitone Keys

3 Likes

Yamaha Refaces. Not all, but maybe one- the CS or CP, I can imagine jumping up, not incredibly high but at least two or three times their current value. I think the series is slept on, they sound amazing.

1 Like

Moog Subharmonicon.

1 Like

Why did the SP1200 go up in value so radically. There were a lot made. Maybe Hip Hop has survived better than most genres. Say compared to 80’s synthwave. So going on that the music of appeal in 10 years look for the equipment that does that. But thats really hard to predict.

Hip Hop is a whole culture. Synthwave is a musical genre.

3 Likes

Any gear I have already sold. Sold my MD and MM a while ago (thankfully for more than I paid) but nowhere near what they’re going for now.

3 Likes

no one knows, so i’m just keeping it all forever.

3 Likes

Since most any sound can be made with virtual instruments, I think it’s most likely to be the gear that comes with its own unique way of working. Elektron stuff, Monome stuff, OP-1.

1 Like

The 01/IV is such a hidden gem, skull crusher of a sound.

1 Like