Which Gear do you think will be worth the most in 10 years time?

Some kid is going to pick up an Akai Timbre Wolf in 15 years and change the world.

3 Likes

Cant see why not. I can remember when everyone thought the SH-101 was a piece of cheap crap.

I legitimately love the timbre wolf!

Putting my money on OTO Machines, especially the Bam.
A very small company, High Quality, they are always building to demand, and will probably evaporate when they retire or move on.

4 Likes

Yeah no worries. Only jesting. All I meant was something considered bad today could start the next revolution ala TB-303.

1 Like

Heck, I’m waiting for someone to get a Model:Cycles and start a genre with it.

1 Like

Haha no I know, but I thought it’s worth saying I like it. I feel like I’m running a few 303s at once even though they’re very different.

Anything from Teenage Engineering capcom pocket operator series. Especially when you have the original box for them. PO-133 Street Fighter and # PO-128 Mega Man. Toy collectors and synth nerds will both compete for them in bidding wars. Also Microsampler, since noone seems interested in making this kind of thing (that should be a no-brainer) but just a bit better though out. edit: not that these will be worth more than some kind of moog but i can imagine they will rise quite a bit from their orignal value

4 Likes

Depends on what gets discontinued. If the Volcas get canned I think they’ll become super collectable.

Good eye on the Nord Drum 2. That thing has already gone way up, and I anticipate will keep doing so.

Two concepts we can apply more broadly there - 1) It was the last of its form factor as a drum module from Nord, and 2) it was coopted by a new and different buyer than its original intended audience, in this case modular/eurorack folks who loved the trigger inputs rather than drummers.

4 Likes

Pfff man, thru box… Because
Futur
Is wifi!!

I’ve had both the TR8 and the TR8S. It’s tricky. The 8S is objectively “better” in a lot of ways. Being able to use my own samples, the FM engine in the 2.0 firmware. Not being ugly as sin. It’s all great. But I sometimes do miss the 8 because the muscle memory you develop on it is amazing, and the specific controls by drum type are really intuitive. Very WYSWYG UI, which you just don’t get enough of these days. Could definitely become a classic.

Try building a kit you really like and just stick to it. Won’t take long for the muscle memory. Treat it like your own personalized TR.

1 Like

SOMA REFLEX (which isn’t even out yet but the demo video tells me it’s going to be legendary)

Medusa
Novation AFX
Typhoon
Atlantis

1 Like

I expect the DSI Evolver prices to still go up especially Poly and Mono Evolver keyboards.

2 Likes

FL Studio

2 Likes

I can see the op-1 going for 3k+ in several years if it’s discontinued for real.

The battery will need changing by then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haven’t seen it yet in this tread but Avalon Bassline will only grow to be more disirable until a better solution comes along.

Also seconding, MDUW, perfourmer mk2 (if mk3 doesn’t come).

I can see strymon timeline/bigsky and eventide space/timefactor becoming classics too.

2 Likes