Which monitors do you use?

Hello,
I just bought the Presonus Eris E44 and I have to say I’m impressed by the sound quality. I replaced my Yamaha HS80M by this because they was too big for my tiny desk.
The Presonus Eris E44 fit perfectly on little desk, the stereo is awsome in horizontal position. Not too much bass but very precise. I got a very good deal on Bax Shop if someone is interested.

2 Likes

https://www.presonus.com/products/Eris-E5-XT

They bought out Eris XT’s recently, which are apparently improved versions, they must be alright. I’m more curious to hear these though.

The r65’s

2 Likes

Eve Audio SC208. Have them three years now and still love to the bones.

HS5s and HEDD type 5, really happy with both, I would like a sub but my neighbours certainly would not

Any JBL 305P MKII owners?

Good choice to amplify synths for a small bedroom jam space? Flat frequency response?

Any other recommendations in that price range?

2 Likes

I have the 306P that is used on our record player, and had one on a small setup with AK and MC.

The 6" was more than enough so the 5" should be solid.
Flat response for the $, for sure. I don’t think you’ll find better for the $.

It does have some low level self noise that may or may not annoy, but is customary at lower price points. I only notice when I am less than 3 feet from the speaker.

2 Likes

I’m about to sell my Neumann KH120A. Need something bigger for my new bigger room!

1 Like

Thank you @AdamJay much appreciated. I think I’ll pull the trigger.

1 Like

Just got a pair of 120s and am hugely in love with them, but I can also see myself getting the big once in the future. :grin::sunglasses:

1 Like

Anyone using Presonus S8? How does it go mixing on them… compared to say to Adam A7 or Focal Aplha 80?
Thanks!

Yamaha MSP-5 since 1999 :blush:
Added a Sub (Presonus Temblor T10) 3 years ago.
If these should die on me then it will be Genelec or Adam :slight_smile:

Got some Focal Alpha 50’s after my KRKs died. The sound fine & a good update, but until i sort my room out it’s pointless spending more on monitors. Having the monitors switch on and off automatically when the volume falls below a certain point is handy if your lazy like myself and leaning over the monitors to switch them on is too much of a chore these days.

1 Like

Oh man :slight_smile: I can indeed confirm.
But since 1999 I got used to them.
They are the active brothers of NS10.
If your mix is s#*@ they will let you know :slight_smile:
Built like tanks: left mine 8 years in a humid and cold garage. Got them out 4 years ago and BOUM :slight_smile: Working as day one.

Edit: as for room treatment, I have to say I am lucky. Just moved in a house with a basement made of stone, wood, tiles and sealing is like rounded. See photos. Never had such a well isolated/treated room before. At first I did not recognize my MSP-5 with sub…

3 Likes

why you would like to switch from the Adams to another one?

Asking because I have the same … A7x + Sub10 MK2. I mean the bass is so powerfull and clear, you can hear a note down there.

But it´s hard to set it up the right way. I have turned down the volume of the Sub10 for around 20 - 30 db … so the knob is basically at around 9 o`clock.

And I really feel / hear this top end shizzle going on (as I´m working in 96khz too). Often I want to cut it from the drums. But this is maybe just the “typically Adam sound” some people talking about. People hate it or love it. For me this makes it hard to finish mixdowns.

1 Like

Will be getting a KRK 10s sub for my Eve audio SC207 monitors. Anybody have this or a similar setup and cares to say something about it?

I have that sub. I’m currently using it with art rm5s but used it with old school event 20/20s for a long time.
Unless you’re in an enormous room (or are just jamming super loud) you’ll have it turned way down most of the time. The thing shakes my house if I want it to.
I can’t really speak to its accuracy with regards to recording as I’ve never tried to measure it’s response curves. I can say that it’s great for preparing a live set since the pa at most gigs will have way more bass than you’re used to at home.
It has a nice fast response so kicks and staccato bass stuff comes through nicely.
Someone else might be able to give you better info since I’ve never used the monitors you’re using for mains.

this already helps. thanks

I’ve got the KRK V4S4s at my desk, plus an 8s. Reasonably happy with them, but now that the room is relatively treated, I hear the self-noise from them more at working distance. I’ve got an Avantone cube for mono on the synth and mixer side right now, plus routing to the KRKs behind me, but I’m thinking of getting a pair of Lyd 7s and the 18s at some point.

i have genelec 8341 & 7360 subwoofer. GLM is incredibly helpful, the room correction solution they offer is stunning, now even better with GLM 4 which has been released on dec. 15th.

4 Likes

I was THIS close to getting a sub, then finally took the time to place my T7Vs properly in my room (several reasons it took me so long to do so) and now everything is amazing!

Just thought I’d drop that here :slight_smile: