Who else here has problems with Digitakt as an audio interface?

I’ve had my Digitakt for about 2 or 3 months now and as soon as I realised I could I started using it as my primary audio interface.
Figured having an easy access groove box would lead to impromptu creativeness and it does. But recently it’s been acting up when used with Ableton Live.

After a few minutes of sitting in Live all audio just drops out completely, both the internal stuff from the Digitakt and the Audio from Live. I can still see all the FS-meters in Live moving, including all the digitakt-dedicated tracks (1 MIDI track with the plugin and 9 audio tracks for multi tracking).

As soon as I exit live the internal stuff comes back to life, but I have to restart my computer or Digitakt to get audio from my computer out of the Digitakt Phones-Output .

Why could this be? My computer is pretty shit, could that be why? I’m just afraid I’ll damage the Digitakt.

Hi Robotbror,

You should check this thread : Digitakt loses audio after a while in Ableton 11 using Overbridge - #6 by theartistisirrelevant

And create a support ticket on the Elektron website to get the last beta firmware which could improve your Overbridge experience.

1 Like

Thank you! Looks to be the exact same problem!
I tried looking for similar threads but I’m very new to Elektronauts, sorry.

I have a similar issue with Logic, it’s an Overbridge problem, I resolve it by temporarily switching from Overbridge to USB Midi on the DT. But it’s annoying.

I’ll give that a try next time while I wait for them to respond to my ticket, thanks.