Who is the Bob Dylan of the Electronic Music world?

Dylan, at the least, has to be compared to someone who uses proper lyrics otherwise what’s the point of the comparison?

1 Like

If we define a “Dylan” as “widely and powerfully expressive, meaningful to their broad audience, proficient, prolific, revered” then I propose Hanz Zimmer is the “Dylan of electronica”.

We’ll see if Kanye west and the neptunes songs are still standards in 50 years time, don’t think so mate.

What a load of cobblers on this thread. :joy:

2 Likes

Pass that crystal ball around man! I’m tired of being wrong

2 Likes

Max Martin.

I needed to look him up :slight_smile:

One candidate for GG Allin of the electronic music world might be Peter of Fckn Bastards, although I didn’t witness him pooping on stage or anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_XgmgWqXg

We had a local muso who did self-mutilate onstage, including cutting off part of a finger just to record the sound.

1 Like

I would go with Radiohead in the Kid A and Amnesiac period, even if the majority of the lyrics were picked out of a hat, the sneering social commentary is very apparent throughout. And of course the band’s popularity is unquestioned. Kid A in particular tops many critics’ best album lists.

3 Likes

DJ Scotch Egg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1EpOqe-Ym0

1 Like

Corey Feldman

5 Likes

I’m totally cliched here, but Syd Barrett era and the couple of albums after that - Pink Floyd - a massive part of the post Beatles genius era and with dapplings of what we today call electronic music if you include looping.

The albums were gateways where other bands followed.

The mud here is the question - who is the electronic Dylan?

For me that’s still Future Sound of London. It all depends what decade you want to drop your needle in.

1 Like

lol came in here to say the exact same thing, but in a less funny way. well done! :clap:

1 Like

Sign of the times Im afraid :frowning_face:

1 Like

Dont know if your replying to my post but I wasnt suggesting the Beatles were “media savey” all aspects of their life were covered by the media because it was shocking and new to the general public you know long hair, drugs, psychedelia meditation etc dont think they went out of there way to court that as a way of getting on I think they were just into it

Ever seen “The Wizard of Waukesha”

Eh, they did use the the mass media of their time very much to their advantage. You dont get to be the biggest band in the world without trying.

Maybe more relevant to ask who is the Delia Derbyshire or Joe Meek of the modern electronic world

1 Like

Thats not what Im saying would you say the first man to climb everest used the media to get there and I am purposly trying to confuse you now :smiley:

Y

E

S

1 Like

Nova Huta. At Bambij Robot’s Nonstop Datcha.