Who need oscillators anyway

I bumped into some EHX Flanger Hoax guitar pedal videos on youtube where the pedal was forced in some great self oscillation noises. I decided to give it a try on the MnM: 1 phaser, 2 flanger, reverb and dynamix. Couple of triggers, no plocks, lots of LFO’s and, yes : no normal oscillators.

HansH

Neat! I have some old sounds like this that I got out of the Electro Harmonix Q-Tron and/or Deluxe Electric Mistress flanger pedal. I once even got the Deluxe Electric Mistress to do like a whole tone or half tone scale (it suddenly started stepping between frequencies instead of just swooping). Fun days. Cool to hear the Monomachine do similar things. I really need to dig into how to rig its effects like I used to do with my pedals.

I have an old flanger hoax that won’t turn on anymore. I used to run my guitar through it and I think I heard some of the trippiest sounds that I have ever heard out of that thing, probably the most ridiculous fx pedal I’ve ever seen… You remind me to fix mine and run the elektrons into it!