Why are 2nd page functions NOT p-lockable?

I find it increasingly frustrating that Elektron have chosen to not make second page functions p-lockable on the newer machines

Coming from a MnM where 90% of parameters are (only the key tracking, vel, settings are not)

We have a case where important parameters are on the second page and are not available,
now some of those parameters are lockable on the MnM, which really pisses me off.

Dumbing down the synthesis is not a great thing

What gives Elektron?

Does it bother anyone else?

AND

Don’t even ask about a p-lockable arp!!!

huh? on what machine is this? I’m pretty sure I can parameter-lock anything from any page on my A4 anyway

Presume Tonight is talking about the Octatrack.

yeah shoulda said OT :dizzy_face: as the a4 doesnt really have a 2nd page per-se :zonked:

running around the country trying to get some r&r :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rage: to clear my head after

a friend did himself in :disappointed:

and shouldn’t be posting on forums :-1:

cheers

There’s usually a good reason why any given parameter is not p-lockable. Looking at the Octatrack machines, the UI is set up so that the second page of track parameters for each machine is a set-up page.

So, for Flex, Static, and Pickup machines, the second page parameters are modes of operation rather than real-time tweakable parameters. I agree that it would be nice to tweak some more of the effects and LFO settings, so I imagine that the real-time recalculations required for these to be p-locked to different values are too much for the playback engine to deal with reliably.

It’s pretty bold to say that the OT is dumbed down in terms of its synthesis capabilities!

But, much more importantly, I hope you’re getting some R&R at what must be a difficult time.

Regards,
Peter

It’d be cool to be able to automate memory parameters such as recording buffer size, etc…

Maybe it could allow for some Heartbleed level sonic hack :slight_smile: