Why do lock trigs have the retrig menu?

I don’t know this this is a bug or working as designed.

Place a yellow lock trig using [FUNC] + [TRIG]
Hold the trig, and press [UP] (the retrig menu should appear)

Why does this menu exist?
i can’t seem to get it to do anything.

Huh, never tried before, but can confirm it won’t, for instance, set up re-trigs for the LFO or Filter Envelope on trigless trigs.

I’m on 1.40A on DT. (I’m pretty sure one of the recent updates affected retrigs on Syntakt, the FX track used to retrig and now doesn’t. It’s conceivable that it’s a recent change…)

1 Like

I don’t know about digitakt, but this works on Octatrack, becuase if there is an actual trig before the trig-less trig that has many retriggers in it, you can speed up or slow down the retriggers from that trig on a trig-less trig after it. For example, you can have a perc hit on a trig with 1/8 retrigs that carry on after the trig, then speed that up to 1/64 on a trig-less trig afterward.

2 Likes

My guess is it is just there because you can turn a yellow trig into a red trig or a red into a yellow, even if yellow trigs don’t use it the information is still stored in there… and it would have required more work to disable the menu when on a yellow trig.

2 Likes

I agree, that makes sense. So when you convert a lock trig to a regular trig, the retrig settings are there.