Why not

Maybe this discussion have already been talked on this Forum, but i don’t remember if… In case, sorry for repetition.

It’s obvious that The really good team of Elektron is involved in ambicious work for the futur gears, and many of us know that there won’t be new OS for our marvellous old machines like MD or MnM.

I don’t really know if the hardware and the OS we already dispose are at the maximum and optimum combo possible.

So i think that it would be great that Elektron either propose new OS, that could be sell to us, i’m ready to buy them, or propose to another Elektron gear adept to realise new OS with new functionality. This idea is near to JJOS business wich permit to have beter exploitation of MPC.

Maybe i’m wrong, but this would be a nice second life for our gear.

The two majors objections will be that the limitation of our MD and MnM give us more possibility to create, and that the Ipad could be a good second gear to procure us new sensations… But i would like to know if many of us would agree to pay for OS developpement ?

As long as they are in production, I’d like to see periodic updates for the MD and Mono, but the speculation is that the OS is probably maxed out. We may see little bug fixes, but it doubt we will see big additions. I doubt Elektron will share the OS, especially while they are still selling new units.

Thus, two things that I think would benefit the older machines greatly:

1. Update C6. It is long overdue for a compatability update as is, but if it could be used as a better editor for arranging kits, samples, snapshots etc. it would aid workflow greatly.

2. iPad apps. I’ve brought this up in another thread, but it seems like a lot of the performance features people ask for could be adapted easier with an external device (as shown by users like Guga and Void) than by updating the existing code. The iPad is starting to become common in electronic setups, so it would be a good platform to develop an interface for, without having to expend the time and money to develop the hardware to support it.