Will there be Octatrack MK3 anytime soon?

Nice, i usually have multiple Flex-machines set up to record one through-machine with an input.
Flex 1 samples and loops the input of the thrumachine (1bar behind), but is pitched pitched one octave down. Flex 2 samples Flex 1 and is pitched down another octave.
Having all this set-up in my Preset-Project i can just hit record and sample everything into it and of course play around with the pitch etc…
Also: i have some scenes prepared to mix all three sources (thru+flex1+flex2). This way you can even achieve some sort of polyphony:)

1 Like

Somebody get this guy on the case

5 Likes

4 parts or 4 kits, you’ll still have ABCD when it comes to channels of audio.

Recent upload on the topic (albeit factual conspiracy, not fiction)-

3 Likes

I usually use a Recorder + Flex instead of Thru, with rec trigs every 2 steps. That way you can pitch down directly selected steps, up to 7 octaves down.

You can also pitch up octave up constantly using 2 recorders and a Flex, or pitch several octaves up with a recorder set to record its already pitched up recording, like a pitch delay…

1 Like

The Octatrack is the anti Enigma Machine: created to produce good vibration.

Huh?

1 Like

Did Elektron stop supporting Octatrack? Perhaps an MK3 is on the way?

Why do think they stopped support?

3 Likes

They recently sent a bug correction to an Elektronaut user…

2 Likes

I just bought one. It’s amazing, and I couldn’t care less whether mkiii is coming.

In fact, I regret delaying the purchase because of vague worries that something better might come along.

5 Likes

No.

Nope.

6 Likes

You can use rate to get additional octaves down, set rate to pitch

64=normal
32 is- 1 octave
16 is -2
8 is -3
4 is -4
2 is -5
1 is -6

11 Likes

Come on mk3 isn’t asking enough. We want an MK4 !

8 Likes

Pfft, I hear Mark 5 is going to finally remove Song Mode. I’m waiting for that.

2 Likes

I have it on good authority project EmKayEyeEyeEye is well underway.

6 Likes

yeah with OB support and CV control would be a dream box and update screen to OLED yellow or red display would be ace and some cool new features.

1 Like

Whenever a Mk3 does come out I just really hope it has sidechain audio source selection for the LFOs, so a kick or whatever on one track could cause all kinds of crazy swirling in other tracks’ samples for example. Would be such an immensely powerful and fun feature to have.

6 Likes

Side chaining is really the biggest missing feature with elektron’s current lineup to me. I end up going to modular to get all the tracks affecting each other, like when the bass drum hits it lowers the cutoff of the bass voice. I would love to trigger LFOs with other tracks or even just have a compressor with separate analysis and audio inputs. But what I would really love is to be able to use the built in envelopes between different tracks and parameters.

1 Like

So funny that Elektron themselves can’t make a better machine than they did more than 10 years ago …

2 Likes

Did one of their older machines have sidechaining? I’m not so familiar with them.