Will this adapter work for iPhone?

I want to sample audio with USB from my iPhone. Will this adapter work? Or do I need an full lightning to USB B cable?

I think camera Connection Kit would be better for simultaneously charging your device . And you could use the cable provided by Elektron with it.

2 Likes

Thanks. Indent understand fully. The camera adapter will be enough right?

Why do I need a powered USB bank?

But I can’t connect my iPhone directly to my Digitakt with it?

You can connect it because DT has its own power supply . But you need the camera connection kit . I once tried a lightning to usb B cable from Amazon that was like 15€ but it didn’t work very well. Had dropouts and stuff . The camera connection kit is the only reliable solution

2 Likes

No problem! Thanks for your help!

So…. I checked the prices. But I think for sampeling a simple audio connection would be a lot cheaper

2 Likes

The official Apple CCK is reliable and ‘just works’. The cheap alternatives are not, you could get lucky and pick one that does work properly, but with so many to choose from there’s some risk involved. Maybe check the reviews, but if you want to be 100% certain then pay the extra and get the one that is tried and trusted.

1 Like

Just wanted to echo this…
I went through two cheapo knockoff cck variants before buying the apple branded one.
One cheapo lasted a few weeks before failing and the other was DOA…
My suggestion is to bite the bullet and save yourself the worry.

1 Like

Some counterpont to the above:
I have quite a few of these and been using them for the past 5 years. Havent had one break or stop working

1 Like

will def try one of these. The ones i bought from amazon were completely garbage. maybe it´s just luck which brand works and which not.

Theres a 3 port one as well, but i dont use them.
This gives me an interface and a controller, if i need more, ill just use a hub at that point.

Edit: i also use them in conjunction with this brand of extension so not to have the dongle hanging right off the ipad and far. Better cable mamanement innthe studio

1 Like