Will this power bank work for my OT

Hi I was wondering if anyone has used this power bank to power the OT with a ripcord ?

OT MKI or MKII? They have different voltage requirements.

But yes, either one should be fine as long as you have the correct cable - you do NOT want to send the wrong voltage or polarity to your beloved OT.

You could probably get away with a cheap MyVolts Ripcord but I’d suggest getting a SongbirdFX Birdcord adapter and run it off the USB C port, its more reliable (at least in my experience, and I spent a good amount of time trying this stuff out for more portable travel systems)

3 Likes

I ordered a Songbird for my mk1, realized they weren’t compatible, and then ordered a mk2 to go with my Songbird.
And it was recommended i buy this for the combo:
Amazon.com: Baseus Power Bank, 65W 20000mAh Laptop Portable Charger, Fast Charging USB C 4-Port PD3.0 Battery Pack for MacBook Dell XPS IPad iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Mini Samsung Switch : Cell Phones & Accessories
Apparently it’s important to have PD compatible battery.

ah I thought IQ3 was compatible with PD but yeah the Baseus 65w is what I have anyway haha

so which Birdcord adapter for the OT mk2? 6v?

Is what I got for the mk2 after speaking with Dieter at Songbird.

There is another than works according to this guy as well:

1 Like

PD cables are great, but always make sure the power bank will deliver the voltage you need over PD. The PD cables are different from earlier cables - they have circuitry which tells the power bank what to deliver. Older cables do the conversion (from 5V USB-A) themselves.

I couldn’t find what voltages that Anker bank supports, but often that particular brand has not supported 12V. Baseus usually does. Mine does. But always check.

1 Like