With Overbridge as main transport/clock coming from Ableton my Rytm starts BEFORE the first bar in Live session

Hey so I’ve been searching for this issue for hours and found one guy who had the problem on like gearspace a few years ago, went unsolved. Maybe someone here can help me out…

Here’s the issue. I’m using Overbridge as the main clock and transport going to my AR MK1, which goes through a Mackie and then audio interface so I can break out each track and use outboard effects on the various voices of the AR.

Problem is, when Delay Compensation is checked the AR starts BEFORE Ableton starts recording, so the first transient of the kick is truncated and my recording starts after my hardware is running. Bizarre. Usually compensation means it delays everything and it starts later. When it’s un-checked the audio comes in a bit after the recording starts and I have to go in and chop the first few milliseconds of each new stem.

I have completely optimized the latency in Ableton and ran through the Driver Error Compensation and everything so this really shouldn’t be happening should it?

Also, my OT is slaved to the AR and its tempo is detecting a constant 0.2bpm of jitter. Based on what I’ve read I’ve heard that using Overbridge does not compromise the clock stability of your AR and is fact a good way to get a stable clock running between Ableton and hardware.

Ideally I’d like to use the Delay Compensation feature and also have Ableton start recording precisely when it starts receiving audio from the interface. And if not that then I mean, at least not start recording after it starts getting the audio.

I would really rather not be constantly having to remember to turn delay compensation on and off.

Anyone else dealt with this?