Write Protect Question - Digitakt / Digitone

Hello,

I have enabled write protect on certain projects that I use live. Of course, this way I can’t accidentally save over them - however, even though write protect is enabled when I go to open a new project I still get the question “save changes to “x” yes/no?”

Is there any way to make this go away? It just adds an extra step. Since WP is enabled, why even ask if I want to save changes, since I can’t save them as it is? Would love to be able to just open up a new project and not be asked if I wanted to save the current/opened project (since I can’t anyway because it is write protected).

Am I doing something incorrectly, or is this just kinda the way it is?

Thank you

Yep. Press No.

Its write protected, so anything that did change wont be auto saved. Its nice that the digitakt wants to make sure you are sure right? You’d get no such hand holding from other gear.

Is that the way it is? Yep, pretty much.

I personally wouldn’t like it to change. It is good to have a double check. It could be that you just transformed your project so much that you would like to keep it the way it is, with this extra step you have time to think if you want to copy it or unprotect it and modify it :wink:

1 Like