XG Grooves

Finally finished a new batch of tracks. These have been about a year or so in the making.

Made with the Analog Rytm (most drums), Digitakt (samples & midi sequencing), MFB Nanozwerg (all basslines), and Yamaha CBX K1 XGE (what a mouthful - most instrumentation). My buddy added some solos using the Yamaha reface CP and Sequential Prophet 6.

I’d like to think of them as a high energy alternative N64 Pilotwings 64 OST. Goofy, but they were fun to make.

EDIT:
Glad people are enjoying this! :grin: I may update the masters a bit as I have time to tweek and improve them.

Also forgot to mention, everything was recorded through my favorite Boss BX-8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

fuck yeah, this shit is fun as hell

1 Like

Cool stuff! very enjoyable, definitely has some N64 vibes.

…funnily I just got a CBX K1 XG, quite the enjoyable little unit. I need to break out my GM programmer and see how well it works with it. Surprisingly nice as a basic midi controller also.

1 Like

Awesome! You’ll have to share anything you do with it. I guess this thread could be more of an XG love gallery :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :thinking:

The Digitakt was super nice for recording MIDI from the Yamaha and sequencing it. Simple stuff like panning, filter (cutoff & resonance), and other basic parameters are pretty accessible from the Digitakt via MIDI.

1 Like

Thank you! Glad you enjoy it! :pray:

This is awesome. Any chance of a Bandcamp link so I can buy/download it?

1 Like

Thanks!!

For now it’s just on Soundcloud. Considering what I want to do for a release atm. Sorry :bowing_man:

But! If there’re any tracks you particularly like, PM/DM me!

I’ll update if any of the tracks make it out into the wild via formal release.