Xone 96 Mixer

You could use the secondary headphone/cue out, not? Regardless you would have to sacrifice one of the channels?

Thatā€™s exactly the issue, I donā€™t have a channel to spare. But the Linked 2nd instance of Ableton Live is working well enough actually.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a cool hack! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, took me long enough and many hoops and failed avenues to think about it! :smiley:

1 Like

No ā€¦that why I use the motu for soundcard in this setup. After many attempts of midi over usb etc etc etc this was my only way to get hardware synced to pcā€¦works great now .

1 Like

Anyone have any 96 spare/broken parts around? Or have their 92/96 opened at the moment? Looking to do a (semi) permanent internal mod for the headphone/3rd send trick on cue B.

Iā€™m trying to get a better pic of the rca connectors on the stereo pcba, and just a better pic in general of the cue b pcba. The ones on web and Allen and Heaths site arenā€™t that great.

I donā€™t but would you care to elaborate on your plan?

And speaking of headphone hacks. Dunno if this one is mentioned already, but if you use the main headphone cue, and put the cue button in latch mode, you can run that headphone out into return c or d, and have a submix channel, a la the MP2015.

(only roughly tested this so dunno if there are any caveats yet)

Right now I run that 2nd headphone into a 1 in 4 out channel selector, and those run those 4 stereo outs into the line rcas on chs 1-4, so I can select which channel I send it to (to use the sendA to get back to a computer prefader). Just a little more flexible to be able to choose which channel gets the headphone out.

Just pondering running all that internally and mounting the output selector on the panel (room allowingā€¦.have to look where thereā€™s some empty space behind the panel for an Elma 01-1263

I use the trick enough to contemplate if the mod is feasible or not.

edit: my original thought was to use that MorningStar ML10X i mentioned up there, cause that responds to midi and the cue selector also sends midi, it would all be kinda automated, but I think Iā€™m just over thinking it there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it crazy talk? Is there something I might be missing in my logic here?

1 Like

Iā€™m reading your explanation but I donā€™t understand the why :smile:

I pass a lot of stuff between usb interfaces, but correct me if Iā€™m wrong here, but using the headphone send, it needs to come back in on a line level input of a channel. Here I only have return Aā€™s input and Send 1 to return back to the DAW from any channel selected w/ cue 2

With the additional selector switch, I can use any channelā€™s Send 1 to get back to the DAW

(Itā€™s early here, not even sure if this main sense to me rn. Running this internally just saves me from external cable spaghettiā€¦.)

I am sort of an expert on ā€œcrazy talk,ā€ and no, this is sane, mostly. For crazy, find my leprechaun posts from the past two weeks. Lol.

Theyā€™re quite enjoyable really. Does that mean I should go speak to someone, lol?

1 Like

If by someone you mean me, you are welcome to have my phone number. Lol. I shalt DMeth thee.

Wait, I canā€™t, thou artsth hiddeneth. Lol. Guess it. Iā€™ll give you a hintā€¦