Xuiqen

just discovered this thread couple of days ago and listened to all of the tracks, amazing job and very inspirational use of AR.

2 Likes

@alechko ā€“ Really appreciate your time listening + responding. :heart:

Same goes to anyone else who has done the same.

My reason for having not been more active here in recent times:

has been in an effort to stay focused on my own efforts, which havenā€™t been entirely music oriented:
I just moved to my own spot in ATX thanks to photography + videography.

That said, Iā€™m gonna try to be more active here, this year.

To explain why my mate is no longer with me:

He moved away (from Texas to Kansas) in the summer of 2019, leaving me to figure out how to perform alone.

The moirĆ©_lydian video was a proof of concept + Iā€™ve slowly been building out my live rig to yield more non-repeatable results, as that was my reason for including a collaborator in the first place. If one were to revisit earlier posts in this thread, youā€™ll find that all tracks off moirĆ© started on the AR and later incorporated my mate on the DT a day or two before recording each.

^ Here's my first recorded AV set that I sent longtime friend @nedrush for his "More Kicks Than Friends" microfestival series:

This was the set that put me on Defunkt Recordsā€™ radar + why they later asked me to open up their 6th Year Anniversary gig with Baseck. Following the Baseck set, I was approached by Nick Sumbles (organizer of Astronox), and he told me it was the best set heā€™d heard in 5 years + why he asked me to open for Richard later that year.

For anyone who may have wondered about how my Astronox experience went:

My set at Astronox '21 went really well, tho I didnā€™t get footage of mine bc I didnā€™t feel comfortable leaving my camera unattended for an hour. I got to speak to Richard a bit while tearing down, which very much felt like meeting + speaking to Dumbledore.

I was asked back for Astronox '22. I joined Benn Jordan, Rob Clouth, woulg, @daed, and @layertx, as apart of their Sunday IDM takeover. Same situation there with not feeling comfortable leaving my camera unattended for an hour, so I donā€™t have video to share for either. Regardless, I couldnā€™t feel more blessed to have shared the stage with 3 musicians Iā€™ve listened to for about a decade now.

Iā€™ll be playing another set at dadaLab on the 21st of Jan. I hope to see you there. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That AV set was sick! Loved it.

1 Like

iā€™ve been meaning to go by dadalab for a long ass time. i usually play on saturdays but ill try to make it by.

2 Likes

How have I not found you stuff until now!? Fantastic and really quite lovely.

1 Like

@DonovanDwyer + @Uzinusa ā€“ greatly appreciate your support. :heart:

@orion ā€“ No worries if the stars donā€™t align. Weā€™ll likely run into one another in the future whenever you do. I happen to be their staff photo/ video guy. I actually live across the street + almost all photos on their site were taken by me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good homework towards 'feeling the pulse" :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hadnā€™t really thought of it like that, but agreed. :slight_smile:

I keep coming back to this thread re-watching videos and hoping for new ones :smiley:
hope you are good and will be dropping more of these, love your work!

1 Like