Yamaha qy70 controlled by digitakt

@Spaded

Did you get a chance to try the setting?

1 Like

So is controlling the QY70 multi timbrally only possible in song mode I guess?
I had a songmode version of the song I had made in pattern mode made that I went to after following your directions and it was still starting the sequences on the QY70 itself as well as playing the the sequence being sent by the digitakt but it wasn’t playing all the sequences with whatever sound was highlighted by the cursor on the qy70 like it was doing before so that problem is solved at least.
So I opened up a blank QY70 songmode song and reassigned the sounds and that seems to solve the auto playing problem…
So my new problems are:

1. If I do that I’m starting from scratch sound editing wise from how I had the sounds edited in pattern mode… is there an easy way around this?
  2. A lot of my patterns on the qy70 are longer than the 4 pages of 16 steps worth of pattern at 1xscale in the digitakt… when I have messed with 1/2x scale it’s been a freaking headache so is there a way to live record first half of QY pattern onto one pattern slot of digitakt and and have the live record continue over onto next channel by pattern chaining?

Not sure about your other questions but you’ll need to stop the DT sending transport and clock (OT let’s you turn those off)

OR stop the QY receiving them (I don’t have mine here to check but a lot of gear allows that - it might be called sync & you make sure it isn’t set to ‘ext’ / external)

1 Like

OR insert enough silent bars at the start of your song to be able to use those voices without hearing any QY sequences playing

OR save that song as a duplicate (can’t remember where you do that on the QY) then delete all the note data so you just keep your patches

1 Like

Possibly. I’m no sure about it

Can you explain more of what you mean here? Thanks :pray:t3:

From my experience, QY100 reacts really well to program changes.
Use midi tracks, not midi sync pc send.

When I tried, the QY70 only responded to program change when I dialed in the values on the DT, or after a pattern change on the DT.
I only recently bought a DT and my QY70 got obsolete after acquiring a QY700 long time ago. So I might have overlooked something.

Nothing wrong with QY70 imho.

You need trigs or lock trigs to send PCs.

With a PC set in MIDI SYNC page ?

You can’t send the same PC twice consecutively…