Yazoo Don’t Go 40th anniversary cover

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the release of Yazoo’s Don’t Go. I took a few days to create a cover of it, featuring Elektron hw as prominent players. Would love to hear what you guys think of it :slightly_smiling_face:.

12 Likes

Great job! I remember once upon a time programming my Pro One with each of the sounds Vince used from an article I read. Loads of fun!

Your Next challenge is Situation :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ha, well done!

Also nice setup, 2xOT + 2xAk?

3 Likes

You sound just like her. :joy:

Sounds good.

4 Likes

…cover?..more a perfect remake…

4 decades ago…!?

…my goodness…i’m old…was 13 teen, when i heard the long cut version of this the first time…in a spanish tourist disco…not upstairs at erics…

2 Likes

Thanks - yes, OT, AK and Blue Marvin twins.

If I remember correctly, the snare here is a composition of 2 of your DRUMA sounds, eq:d and FX:d through the Midas console :grin:.

Your drums are just amazing and the main reason for me going with 2 AKs instead of AK + AR :+1:.

1 Like

Excellent! I’ve still got one of my original mix tapes with it, that pretty much stays in the car.
Must say, Alison is still looking VERY good these days.

1 Like

Spot fucking on! Nicely done. I love recreating old synthpop songs–Vince’s are always surprisingly complex. Love that you played the basslines and leads by hand. I’ve sometimes thought of trying to recreate the entirety of Speak and Spell, just for the hell of it…

1 Like

Mate that was amazing.

1 Like

Was that a stock patch on the AK or you made it from scratch ?

1 Like

Thanks! The AKs were used for arp and snare only - lead, kick, hats & toms came from the Behringer ARP, bass was Moog and the rest the Prophet X.

1 Like

Nice work!!!

40 years… blimey.

2 Likes