Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2023

This particular commitment is retracted :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I commit to release something in 2023. Nuff said! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thats step one!

Step 2 is a blood oath

3 Likes

After having completely bombed in this last year Iā€™m pretty hesitant to sign up again.

Unlike the NGNY commitments (which Iā€™m not doing) you canā€™t really make it three quarters of the way and still feel pretty good about itā€¦

So no (well maybe).

1 Like

You got it all wrong, my dude.

Its not an obligation- its a holy mission.

Its not a burden, itā€™s a call to greatness.

The phone is ringing, my friend. Take the call.

(That being said, I refuse to commit to this years mission :grinning:)

5 Likes

After a decent afternoon jamming on NYE, I asked my two band mates the obvious, ā€œWTF are we going to do with the songs we wrote this year!ā€. Basically, nothing but jam occasionally in front of our old Goth crowd.
I didnā€™t expect them to give their blessing when I said I could replace them with a drum machine and one synth. But they did, and rather enthusiastically very keen. So now Iā€™m obliged to let these two fat aging Goths live vicariously through an AR and prophet-6.

Also, I hate my new job, and I canā€™t think of a better way to eradicate it from my mind than to throw myself into recording.

8 Likes

They donā€™t have the fat aging goth energy anymore. Theyā€™ve been secretly listening to early 2000s Christian music and were nervous about you finding out.

Now they donā€™t have to live the lie anymore, so they can join the Polyphonic Spree

2 Likes

Itā€™s worse than that. They each have a kid that looks like justin beeber.

2 Likes

Oh babyā€¦

I love that you wrote thisā€¦ my most recent track I remixed (Came out the week before Christmas) is called ā€œRing Ringā€ (Destiny is calling). I called my version the ā€œMake Your Fate mixā€.

Release it! Make Your Fate!!!

(Link if you want to listen:)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s funny, I only got a text saying ā€œclick here for mediocrityā€.

1 Like

I think that was intended for me. Apologies for the mix up.

2 Likes

If Iā€™m reading kismet right, then @Stone262 is drafted into the mission. Good news

1 Like

Yes, @Stone262 is in! Make it soā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry @Stone262 the gods have spoken. You wouldnā€™t want to anger the GODS do you?!

1 Like

Iā€™ll make it ā€˜so soā€™, how about that?

2 Likes

Exactly perfect! Release something. So-so 100% accepted. There is a LOT to be said about going thru the process and getting in the habit of releasing - a lot that Iā€™m still learning. But it feels good to ā€˜get it doneā€™ and opens up and unblocks pathways to the next thingā€¦ in my experience anyway.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll tell you this. I love releasing things- possibly more than actually making the music(to my detriment)

I have some stuff from 2014-2019 that are the bane of my existence. All of them got like 10k plays, made like 500 off of it.

Compared to the album I released last year(exactly) that Iā€™m actually proud of. 15 plays total- maybe made a quarter.

Quality doesnā€™t necessarily matter for public appeal. For a year, I had to apologize every day to a dear friend for sampling his track and making a stupid remix that ended up at the top of his stats. He devoted his life to music and become good, im just a drunk that gets excited over POSSIBILITES!

So-So music is SO HOT these days!

5 Likes

Injury kept me from finishing my third album last year. Im still healing, but can do small bits of mixing a few times a week now. Iā€™m going to finish it this year, pain be damned. The upside was that the very long pause has helped me to re-evaluate some tracks and really get a feel for how i want to refine them.

1 Like

Iā€™ll release an album this year consisting of at least three songs. Iā€™ll also sing on at least one of the songs. I do have a certain style thought out in my head, and my goal is for there to be some kind of red line between the difference pieces, but if I canā€™t manage this, Iā€™ll just settle for some random songs :slight_smile:

Also, as a bonus, Iā€™d like to perform this album live, something that Iā€™ve never done before. There are some hurdles to me doing this that I donā€™t have to bring up here though, so this part is totally optional.

2 Likes